Electrical & Functional AIT Engineer
- Electrical System Integration: Collaborate with the spacecraft design team to understand the electrical system requirements and develop integration plans. Perform the integration of electrical subsystems, including power distribution, data handling, communication, and instrumentation systems.
- Functional Component Integration: Coordinate the integration of various functional components, such as payloads, instruments, sensors, actuators, and control systems. Ensure proper connectivity, alignment, and functionality of these components within the spacecraft.
- Testing and Verification: Develop test procedures and protocols to verify the electrical and functional performance of the spacecraft. Conduct comprehensive testing at different stages of assembly and integration to identify and resolve any issues or anomalies. Analyze test data and generate reports to track system performance.
- Environmental Testing: Plan and execute environmental tests, thermal, and vacuum tests, EMC/EMI tests, to validate the mechanical robustness and performance of the spacecraft. Define and execute instrumentation plans. Work closely with test facilities and technicians to ensure accurate and efficient testing.
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving: Investigate and diagnose electrical and functional anomalies or failures during integration and testing phases. Work closely with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues, ensuring the successful completion of AIT activities.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of all AIT activities, including procedures, test plans, test results, logbooks, and technical reports. Provide regular progress updates and reports to the project team, highlighting any significant findings or recommendations.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams, including spacecraft designers, system engineers, software engineers, and technicians. Participate team meetings, and technical discussions to contribute expertise and ensure seamless integration of electrical and functional systems.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure compliance with industry standards, best practices, and quality assurance processes throughout the AIT activities. Implement proper configuration management and version control practices for electrical and functional components.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated with the latest advancements in spacecraft electrical systems, integration techniques, and testing methodologies. Identify opportunities for process improvements and contribute to the development of new AIT techniques or tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field. Master's degree is preferred.
- Solid understanding of electrical systems, electronics, and instrumentation.
- Proficiency in electrical troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques.
- Familiarity with electrical design tools and software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work shifts when required.
- Experience with spacecraft integration and testing, preferably in a space industry or aerospace environment.
- Knowledge of industry standards and practices related to spacecraft AIT.