Senior Product Manager (Hardware)
Other Engineering, Product
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Sunday, July 2, 2023
Kepler is on an audacious mission: to bring the internet to space. Founded in 2015, our ambition is to provide internet connectivity in space, whether in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 23 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team!
We're committed to delivering top-notch products to our customers, which is why we're in search of Product Managers who are excited to build communication infrastructure for outer space. Our existing team has diverse experiences and backgrounds across aerospace, hardware, manufacturing, and SaaS. We have multiple open roles across hardware and software. We prioritize impact over tenure and titles, so all experience levels are welcome to apply!
Here is a little more detail on what you can expect to work on:
- Develop product vision and strategy: Create a long-term vision and strategy for the assigned services or products, aligning with company goals and market trends.
- Define product roadmap: Develop and maintain a detailed product roadmap, outlining the features, timelines, and milestones to achieve the product vision. You will balance customer needs, business requirements, and technical constraints to prioritize features for development.
- Customer and market research: Conduct research and gather customer feedback to identify needs, pain points, and opportunities within the target market. Stay up to date with market trends, competitor offerings, and emerging technologies to inform product strategy and maintain a competitive edge. This may involve traveling to customer sites and attending industry conferences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Work hand-in-hand with engineers to reach the best possible version of a feature or product to bring to market. Collaborate with business development and marketing in developing go-to-market strategies, positioning, and messaging to effectively communicate the product's value proposition.
- Engage and align stakeholders: Regularly keep both internal and external stakeholders informed and involved, providing clear updates on product progress, performance, and plans.
- Monitor product performance: Establish and track key performance metrics to evaluate product success, identify areas for improvement, and drive continuous optimization.
- Compliance and industry standards: Ensure that product development adheres to relevant industry standards, regulations, and best practices.
- This role is based in downtown Toronto, with the option for 25% remote work.
What you should have:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in product management or related technical role, preferably in a B2B context.
- Experience in the full scope of product management, from inception to market.
- Ability to develop and execute long-term product strategies.
- Experience working on a hardware project ideally in the go to market or growth phase.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams, with the ability to influence without authority.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts to diverse audiences and effectively engage with stakeholders at various levels.
- Experience drawing insights from customer feedback, market research, and performance data.
- Availability to travel to customer sites and attend industry conferences as needed.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Familiarity with the technology or industry relevant to the product, such as network services, satellites, RF, and optical technologies.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations, setting own goals and effectively delivering to them in a fast-changing environment.
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.