RF/Antenna Engineering Intern (Summer 2024) [8-16 months]
- Assist more senior engineers in all activities related to RF/Antenna design, manufacturing and testing for spacecraft, ground terminals and test infrastructure.
- Assist in the design of new RF hardware by performing component selection, schematic capture, layout and fabrication as well as design reviews.
- Perform performance and acceptance testing for RF frontends and antennas using equipment such as VNAs, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators and antenna range systems (far-field and near-field).
- Write software to control test equipment or hardware under test in languages such as Python/C/VEE.
- Build infrastructure to assist in the testing of RF hardware.
- Simulate and model RF systems and structures for new designs and test setups.
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering, Physics or similar degree program
- Experience in hardware design outside of class projects, particularly related to RF and/or Antennas. Experience on cubesat teams is a strong plus.
- Experience with circuit design/layout tools such as Altium/Eagle/KiCAD.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and C++, particularly as it relates to controlling hardware or modelling RF systems.
- Experience with commercial RF design tools such as ADS/CST/HFSS is a plus.
- Experience with basic RF concepts such as: impedance matching, smith chart, network analysis, active and passive microwave components and systems (mixers, amplifiers, transistors at RF frequencies) and their figures of merit (P1dB, Psat, IIP3, noise figure, etc.), RF filter design, antenna figures of merit
- Some experience with RF test equipment such as VNAs, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators and antenna test systems (far-field/near-field)