The Kinetic team is on a mission to create a safer workplace and better life for the industrial workforce around the world. Kinetic has a patented wearable device, called Reflex, which sits on the wearer’s hip and alerts them when they perform a high-risk motion which could lead to an injury. Our wearable technology has been proven to reduce injuries by 55%, and has been deployed to tens of thousands of industrial workers at some of the leading Fortune 500 firms, including Pepsi, DHL and Home Depot. Starting in 2022 Kinetic partnered with Nationwide to sell Workers Compensation insurance, where policyholders get our technology for free as part of their insurance policy.
At this stage, Kinetic has approximately 50 employees across groups ranging from software development to enterprise customer success to business development for insurance. We have raised over $30M from top VC firms and partners like Primary Ventures, Nationwide Ventures, and Crosslink Capital.
Kinetic is starting to grow quickly due to the rapid growth in both its insurance product offering and enterprise sales, with 10x growth in just 2 years.
We are looking for a rock-solid candidate to join the Kinetic Insurance Distribution team. This is a small, fast-paced, and high functioning team that is focused on evangelizing a new value proposition in Workers’ Compensation and building a thriving and active broker network.
As a part of the Kinetic team, you'll get to tackle the challenges and reap the rewards that come from scaling something new. You will be part of a fast paced Insurtech environment, a culture of innovators and game changers and you will ride the wave of excitement that comes with pioneering the future of Workers Comp Insurance.
The ideal candidate has experience working with existing and prospective Independent Agencies to develop profitable business and sources of new business in the area of Workers’ Comp. This role will be responsible for working with and supporting the Business Development team in the field, assisting in supporting our broker network, building new relationships and executing an effective Agency Management sales plan to achieve maximum production and profit goals in assigned territory.
This is a fully remote position with limited travel.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing appointed agents/producers in an assigned territory to meet or exceed the growth objectives for that territory.
- Prospect and build new relationships with producers in already appointed agencies to help grow the mix of agents who have the market opportunity to bring business to Kinetic.
- Conduct video and telephone meetings with agents in support of Kinetics field efforts.
- Maintain sales administration responsibilities, including activity reporting and assistance with submission follow up and pipeline management.
- Build actionable Agency Sales Activity Plans, including call plans to prioritize and leverage agency contacts to ensure sustainable flow of desired business. Utilize data and reporting tools to monitor plan results, communicate, and implement actions.
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of industry practices, market conditions and competitor information to position the agency to maximize business development. Align Kinetic Insurance strategies and support (tools, initiatives, resources) to continually increase market share.
- Act as a trusted advisor to brokers by answering questions and providing solutions to meet their customer needs and Successfully anticipate, recognize and overcome potential objections
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of P&C Small Commercial sales and marketing experience, product knowledge and sales skills are required; underwriting knowledge is beneficial.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and deadline structures.
- Proven outstanding sales performance; should be a highly driven and self-motivated individual with a strong desire to win.
- Experience with Agency training.
- Independent and “self-starting”. Comfortable with a start-up environment, fluid job responsibilities, rapid change and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all departments..
- Resourceful. Problem solving and idea generation on your own is a regular part of the job to help drive business objectives and successful outcomes.
- Understanding of urgency. Kinetic has aggressive growth goals within aggressive timelines and we need individuals that thrive and excel under pressure; people that embrace that the pace of work and expectations on performance here will be much different than other traditional Insurance companies.
- Preferably, proficient with the Google Suite of business products.
- Reference-able contacts.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Fully distributed, remote team across all continental US time zones
- Choose your OS - employees can choose any computer they prefer
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 20 vacation days per year
- 9 federal holidays off
- Parental Leave
- Pre-tax 401k contribution
- HSA with compatible health plans
- Professional Learning Development Program
- FREE: Health Advocate
- FREE: Telehealth Membership
- FREE: OneMedical Account