Founding Front-End Engineer
As the Live Events space is expected to hit $1.2 Trillion by 2032, how we engage with ticketing will change forever. Our mission is to build infrastructure to fuel the live event economy, helping artists and venues extend the life cycle of their tickets, capture resale revenue, fight fraud, and engage with their fans.
We’ve raised $2 million from Techstars, Comcast, and Aptos. We’re growing our world-class engineering team to build solutions for billions of consumers worldwide.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on innovative projects, collaborate with a talented group of individuals, and gain hands-on experience building solutions that solve real-world problems in a rapidly changing live event space.
As a Founding Front-End Engineer and an early team member, you will help shape the engineering team at KYD Labs. You’ll work alongside product, design, and sales teams to transform our initial product into a robust and scalable platform. You’ll love this role if you’re excited about building fast and having a lot of ownership. The business is growing quickly, and this role will be central to our continued expansion and ability to impact the world.
At KYD Labs you will:
- Design, develop, test, and deploy web applications using Node.js, React.js, Next.js, TypeScript
- Work with our CTO, design lead, and other engineers to make decisions on our product, architecture, UX, etc.
- Contribute to system design & architectural decisions to support the adoption and continued success of KYD Lab’s product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to turn Figma designs into elegant code
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code while adhering to coding standards and best practices
- Interested in engineering management, comfortable representing the engineering team in wider team conversations and supporting other engineers with feedback/mentorship
- Proven ability to mentor and grow engineering skills of your teammates
- Work directly with customers, design and other stakeholders to troubleshoot and debug issues, ensuring timely resolution and optimal performance of applications
- Contribute to the entire software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment
You will be a good fit if:
- React.js Wizard (6+ years experience)
- Solid understanding of serverless (AWS, DynamoDB, Lambda)
- You can take products and features from 0 to 1
- Attention to detail, and unparalleled critical thinking and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities
- Passion for working in a startup environment and a desire to contribute to product development
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and eager to learn and explore new technologies
- Bonus if you’ve worked on Live Events / Reservation platforms in the past
- Bonus if you’ve shipped a product we can play with
- Bonus if you play music or ran your own events in the past
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (Top 1% in region)
- Fast-paced startup environment with a collaborative and supportive culture
- Live Event Perks - Free tickets to shows
- Professional development, growth opportunities, and startup industry experience
- Flexible work schedule and remote work options
- Health insurance and other benefits
- Any relevant portfolio or project links showcasing your skills and experience.
If you are an ambitious, passionate, and talented Software Engineer looking to make an impact in a startup environment while working with innovative technologies, we would love to hear from you.