Role: Carpenter (intern)
Salary: 55k - 65k
Location: Lagos Island
Are you a carpenter looking to gain hands-on experience in a dynamic and creative work environment? This internship offers a unique opportunity to learn the art of carpentry and contribute to exciting projects in the construction and woodworking industry.
Assist in Carpentry Projects:
- Work under the guidance of experienced carpenters to construct, install, and repair wooden structures and fixtures.
- Participate in various stages of carpentry projects, from layout and cutting to assembling and finishing.
Tool Operation and Maintenance:
- Learn to safely and effectively use a variety of carpentry tools, including saws, drills, routers, and sanders.
- Assist in the maintenance and care of tools and equipment.
- Handle, transport, and organize lumber, plywood, and other construction materials.
- Keep the workspace clean and organized.
- Gain exposure to reading and interpreting blueprints, plans, and technical drawings.
- Follow instructions and measurements accurately.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and protocols to ensure a secure and accident-free work environment.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Learning and Development:
- Attend training sessions and workshops to build carpentry knowledge and skills.
- Seek guidance and mentorship from experienced carpenters.
- Enthusiasm for a career in carpentry and a strong desire to learn.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry concepts and techniques is a plus.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and the ability to follow instructions.
- Willingness to work in various weather conditions and physical stamina to perform labor-intensive tasks.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- SSCE or equivalent (current enrollment in a vocational school or carpentry program is a plus).