Customer Support Representative
LawnStarter is the leading on-demand platform for lawn care and landscaping services in the US, and our vision is to be the one-stop shop for all outdoor home services. Over the past 8 years, we’ve grown to 120 metro areas, raised $30 million in funding, and acquired our biggest competitor, solidifying our leadership in the space.
- Rotation between inbound and call back queue calls, chat, email support.
- In this position, you will be taking over 300 contacts a week. These will be supporting both our customers and our providers on various operations-related issues. Our average handle time is around 10 minutes
- Our hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 6 am - 10 pm CST, and Saturday - Sunday, 7 am - 6 pm CST.
- We offer 8hrs per day for a max of 5 days per week (40hrs) during those hours.
- We also have 10-hour shifts available as well. These will also be 40-hour weekly shifts.
- You will explain our services and policies, work to create a great service experience, and provide support for app navigation, payment details, scheduling, and issue resolution.
- You should have an understanding of how to connect with a Western individual and be skilled at problem-solving, building rapport, and offering empathy.
What we are looking for:
- Empathetic to customers, knows how to use soft skills to establish rapport and diffuse difficult situations.
- Ability to work efficiently and creatively to solve problems by utilizing all available tools and resources.
- Active listener who can interpret a problem, determine an approach to solve, and main call control.
- Ability to adhere to a schedule
- Adaptable to change
- High productivity at defined proficiency levels
- Willingness to receive and act on feedback from the leadership team
- Works with integrity and collaborates with team.
- High school graduate required, some college preferred.
- EXCELLENT written and verbal English skills, conversationally fluent.
- Experience of at least 1 year in a customer contact center environment, supporting United States customers.
- Knowledge of ZenDesk a plus.
- Prior experience using CRM and VoIP software is a plus, knowledge of Google Suite is preferred.
- Computer, laptop or desktop with a camera (8GB RAM, Corei5 Processor) with a noise-canceling headset. We cannot use chrome books, tablets, ipads, or cell phones as they are not compatible with our phone system.
- Consistent power source; and reliable internet connection (25 Mbps, with a backup connection of 10 Mbps) in a quiet space that is free from distractions to work
- Back up power and internet supplies to ensure you are able to complete your full shift
- Willing to work US hours and weekends; and amenable to working in rotating shifts
- Work from the comfort of your own home.
- $6-$9/hr USD based on experience