VP of Engineering
At Lifebit, we carve our own path. Trusted by Governments and world-leading pharma institutions and funded with a fresh $60m in Series B capital, we are on a mission to harness the power of connected data and bring precision medicine to life globally. The key to saving human lives is providing researchers across the globe with the right data to develop more precise therapies and drugs faster.
Generating large amounts of biomedical data has become relatively straightforward. The challenge now is finding, accessing and analysing this sensitive data stored across thousands of disconnected locations. It is frustrating and painfully difficult for researchers.
Lifebit has created a patented, federated technology that brings analysis and computation to where data resides. This enables researchers to run analyses on multiple, distributed datasets in-situ, avoiding the risky movement of highly-sensitive data.
Lifebit powers pioneers in national precision medicine such as Genomics England (UK Government) and the Hong Kong Genome Project and guides them on how to make their valuable data usable securely. Biotech and pharma leaders like Boehringer Ingelheim turn to Lifebit to connect them to this otherwise locked up data to obtain novel therapeutic insights.
Our technology is unmatched and momentum is on our side - but we need an exceptionally strong team to help boost Lifebit to incredible new heights.
**As our VP of Engineering*
In this role, as our VP of Engineering, you will lead Lifebit’s team of engineers that enable our unique federated technology. You will be part of a talented and motivated tech team delivering end to end solutions to our clients to help them tackle their challenges understanding complex diseases and developing new and precise therapies.
Please view these role requirements as just an indication of what we’re looking for - sometimes the perfect candidate is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. If you think that might be your case, please reach out and let us know!
- Ensuring products developed meet the highest standards of quality, reliability and scalability.
- Ensuring products are developed on time and within budget by owning the goal setting and the schedules.
- Manage and maintain high operational efficiency across all engineering departments.
- Manage and foster a culture of ownership and continuous improvement across engineering functions.
- Own the delivery processes, practices and systems used to deploy and release products to our customers.
- Own the vision, product backlog & roadmap for your area of the product and ensure it is always up to date.
- Grow teams, hiring and retaining top technology talent aligned with the business needs.
- Collaborate closely and actively with product and customer management, infrastructure and security teams to support the company technical strategy and delivery.
- Delivery of value to customers on a regular basis, deploying and releasing every few weeks.
- Create, refine and prioritize the product backlog items in support of the agile principles of continuous value delivery.
- Stay up to date on the latest technology trends and best practices to be incorporated into the company roadmap and technical operations.
- Proven experience as an engineering manager, director or related role
- At least 10 years of experience in software engineering and at least 5 years of experience leading multiple engineering teams simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Experience leading and managing large distributed engineering teams
- Experience implementing and optimizing agile software development methodologies across multiple teams using JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience implementing, measuring, tracking and reporting product, engineering and operational KPIs to the business.
- Experience defining and planning technical product roadmaps alongside product management.
- Experience developing and offering products in cloud based platforms at scale.
- Experience with multiple languages, including Java, C#, Typescript or Python
- A track record of delivering highly scalable, reliable infrastructure and technology.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Personal development budget
- State of the art hardware and software
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays;
- Conferences, events and training resources (Product, Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick!) - we offer £1,000 a year to each person for personal development);
International and diverse team.
Flexible working during summer.
Something looks off?