At Lifebit, we carve out our own paths. We take extreme ownership very seriously and we all contribute to our mission. Trusted by Governments and world-leading Pharma institutions and funded with over $70m, we are all here to harness the power of connected data and bring precision medicine to life globally. Our contributions are the key to saving lives and providing better insights globally with the right data.
This is a brilliant opportunity in an exciting business with ambitious growth plans. In the last couple of years, the company has grown massively and has expanded internationally. The business has well established itself as a market leader and has expanded to over 5 countries.
You will be working in a highly varied role within a growing AI business and supporting senior team members in day-to-day accounting operations. You’ll have prepared full sets of Management Accounts and also covered all other aspects of bookkeeping, including accounts payable and accounts receivable. You should have attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and work experience from a fast-moving business, ideally a tech startup.
Key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Supporting the monthly closing process including month-end journals, consolidation, and monthly management accounts
- Reviewing the records of Lifebit’s subsidiaries and liaising with their bookkeepers for intercompany reconciliations and payments
- Tracking actual vs budget spending for all departments
- Managing and reconciling cash, prepayments, accruals and other BS items
- Recording supplier invoices, managing supplier reconciliations and setting up payments
- Reviewing employee expenses according to the Company’s expense policy
- Raising customer invoices, recording and allocating receipts and doing regular credit control
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Maintaining and updating inventory list of assets (laptops etc.)
- Supporting the Finance team in ad hoc financial analysis
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified or a part-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualification preferred)
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Worked in a fast-paced environment (a tech startup experience preferred)
- Experience with Xero
- Conscientious, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- High professional ethics and integrity
- Able to organise workload and work well on own initiative as well as part of a small team
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Monthly team activities
- Mindfulness sessions
- Private Health Insurance
- Conferences, events and training resources (Finance, Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick! - we offer £1,000 a year to each person for personal development)
- International and diverse team
- Special treatment on your birthday
- Flexible working during the summer
Something looks off?