People Operations Manager, Europe
At Lifebit, we carve our own path. Trusted by Governments and world-leading pharma institutions and funded with $60m in Series B capital, we are on a mission to harness the power of connected data and bring precision medicine to life globally. The key to saving human lives is providing researchers across the globe with the right data to develop more precise therapies and drugs faster.
Generating large amounts of biomedical data has become relatively straightforward. The challenge now is finding, accessing and analyzing this sensitive data stored across thousands of disconnected locations. It is frustrating and painfully difficult for researchers.
Lifebit has created a patented, federated technology that brings analysis and computation to where data resides. This enables researchers to run analyses on multiple, distributed datasets in-situ, avoiding the risky movement of highly-sensitive data.
Lifebit powers pioneers in national precision medicine such as Genomics England (UK Government) and guides them on how to make their valuable data usable securely. Biotech and pharma leaders like Boehringer Ingelheim turn to Lifebit to connect them to this otherwise locked up data to obtain novel therapeutic insights.
Our technology is unmatched and momentum is on our side - but we need an exceptionally strong team to help boost Lifebit to incredible new heights.
The People Operations Manager will be the key driver in executing against our people objectives. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, you will serve as a thought partner to the leadership team with regards to all things people including employee relations, onboarding, engagement & culture; compensation; organisational design; learning and development; and diversity, equity and inclusion.
We are looking for someone who is a natural leader and will not only bring experience to the role but also will bring energy, enthusiasm, and motivation. We want you to inspire as much as execute!
Your day-to-day will focus on:
- Managing the employee lifecycle, from onboarding to termination/exit
- Ensuring our HR systems are up to date
- Develop succession plans
- Identify, develop and maintain People initiatives, policies and procedures - by keeping our policies up-to-date, amongst others
- Be first point of contact for employee issues and complaints
- Stay up to date with current and future employment and data protection regulations and implement appropriately across the business
- Ensure records and documentation are up to date
- Manage holiday planning, review and approval
- Maintain updated the Org Chart of the organisation
- Work with providers of benefits, payroll and other resources to assure the team needs are met
- Supporting the team when visas and work permits are needed
- Use data and analytics to shine light on People wellbeing and performance, seeking better ways to automate processes where possible
- Own and maintain Learning & Development initiatives for the whole organization - something we take great pride in
- Oversee a People Operations Analyst
- Implement best practices for remote teams.
- Improve experience standards and culture to continue to develop and hire the best team
- 3-5+ years of consulting experience focused on People and Performance Management
- Experience managing a HR / People team, ideally as part of a startup or scale-up (Series A-C)
- High level of emotional intelligence - solid experience managing expectations both internally and externally
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a demanding environment
- Strong organisational, planning, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Confident self-starter with strong work ethic, able to work independently with limited supervision - Practice and preach extreme ownership
- Strong organisational, planning, analysis, and problem-solving skill
- Project management skills - You are an excellent project manager with the ability to develop, lead and execute complex initiatives
- Hunger for success – You’ll be ambitious and proud of your achievements to date
- A pro-active nature - You’re a self-starter, who can think fast on their feet and are ready to pivot when required
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- £1,000 a year personal development budget for conferences, events, subscriptions, books, coaching sessions, training courses etc.
- International and diverse team
- Special treatment on your birthday
- Flexible working during summer
Something looks off?