At Lifebit, we carve our own path. Trusted by Governments and world-leading pharma institutions and funded with a over $70m we are on a mission to harness the power of connected data and bring precision medicine to life globally. The key to saving human lives is providing researchers across the globe with the right data to develop more precise drugs faster.
Generating large amounts of biomedical data has become relatively straightforward. The challenge now is finding, accessing and analysing this sensitive data stored across thousands of disconnected locations. It is frustrating and painfully difficult for researchers.
Lifebit has created a patented, federated technology that brings analysis and computation to where data resides. This enables researchers to run analyses on multiple, distributed datasets in-situ, avoiding the risky movement of highly-sensitive data.
Lifebit powers pioneers in national precision medicine such as Genomics England (UK Government) and the Hong Kong Genome Project and guides them on how to make their valuable data usable securely. Biotech and pharma leaders like Boehringer Ingelheim turn to Lifebit to connect them to this otherwise locked up data to obtain novel therapeutic insights.
Our technology is unmatched and momentum is on our side - but we need an exceptionally strong team to help boost Lifebit to incredible new heights.
As our Proposal Lead...
You will be accountable for assessing RFP requirements, understanding customer needs, and developing and writing RFP question responses that are accurate, concise and strategic. A critical component of this position is your ability to work with focus and poise within a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and complex environment in which close collaboration and continuous communication are critical.
The Proposal Manager is typically engaged at the beginning of the Bid and Pursuit Phase and exits at Clarification stage.
- Work with key stakeholders (e.g., sales, solution specialists, product subject matter experts) to develop and articulate the proposed solution within the RFP response
- Respond to RFPs in employer and government markets to meet RFP volume demands
- Understand and incorporate sales strategy, value propositions, and key win themes into proposal responses
- Maintain a database of proposal content; customize database text as needed to: a) answer the question directly and thoroughly b) reflect the proposed service solution c) persuade the customer that our products / solutions solve their specific problems
- Adhere to established proposal processes and defined roles / responsibilities throughout proposal development, including content capture process for new content and edited records
- Contribute to proposed development and implementation of process improvements and writing models
- Develop innovative approaches for achieving positive outcomes and driving proposals to completion within the deadline requirements
- Manage multiple projects with a sensitivity to tight deadlines and to working in a collaborative group environment
- Strong work experience managing proposals within the healthcare/biotech/data industry
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with experience working as part of a team to complete complex and time-sensitive projects
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner within a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and complex environment, proactively seeking guidance on complex tasks, as needed
- Analytical / critical-thinking skills for understanding complex product offerings and value propositions and defining them in succinct, persuasive written responses
- Strong written English language skills.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Personal development budget
- State of the art hardware and software
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays;
- Conferences, events and training resources (Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick!) - we offer £1,000 a year to each person for personal development);
- International and diverse team.
- Flexible working during summer