Bioinformatician (Remote - Drug Discovery)
At Lifebit, we carve our own path. So can you.
We're open source pioneers, innovators changing the world. Our driving mission: to revolutionise bioinformatics and biomedical data analysis forever.
Our product, Lifebit CloudOS, is the world’s first federated genomics platform for unified, secure research over distributed big data. No one on the planet has anything close. Think best-in-class UI/UX, seamless integration with open-source tools, powerful cohort browser, advanced AI. We’re leading the industry and leaving competitors in the dust. We intend to keep it that way.
Because while we know our technology is unmatched, we also know we can keep making it greater. That’s why we need more superstars like you - to help take us to incredible new heights. (Plus, we’ve got some really big plans afoot...)
If you share our commitment to open source, bioinformatics, big big data, Machine Learning, and AI we want to hear from you today.
As a Bioinformatician in our team focused on Biomarker and Drug Discovery, you will:
- Review and propose scientific protocols for identifying candidate therapeutic targets and candidate compounds
- Stay up to date with literature and propose new methodologies around biomarker and drug discovery
- Adopt community best practices in feature and model selection for high dimensionality datasets
- Develop integrations across best in class tools for Statistical Genetics and more specifically gene target identification
- Implement solutions using workflow management systems such us Nextflow or WDL
- Provide upgrades, patches and maintenance of software
We are looking for pioneering Bioinformaticians to join our team today. Please view these role requirements as just an indication of what we’re looking for - sometimes the perfect candidate is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. If you think that might be your case, please reach out and let us know!
Please include a link to your Github account or a sample of some of your relevant code (if your repositories are private) in a cover letter.
Only candidates who provide this code will be considered for this opportunity.
You have demonstrable knowledge and experience in bioinformatics, specifically you have experience in:
- 2+ years experience developing solutions for feature selection in the Life Sciences, proficiency in Statistical Genetics and understanding of the limitation of high dimensionality omics datasets
- Proficiency in Python or R and the statistics and machine learning packages ecosystem for Life Sciences
- Have experience with Population Genomics, especially post-GWAS analyses like Finemapping, Colocalisation and Mendelian Randomisation
- Data analysis building dahsboards with Jupyter Notebooks, Rmarkdowns
Additionally, we are looking for candidates who:
- Have strong communication skills, both oral and written, with attention to detail
- Are able to organise and structure biomedical information, and be outcome oriented
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Monthly team activities
- £1,000 a year personal development budget for conferences, events, subscriptions, books, coaching sessions, training courses etc.
- International and diverse team
- Exposure to problems and applications in the cloud, data analysis, ML, life sciences and big data fields
Lifebit is on the cutting edge of the biotechnology revolution. Based in London, UK, Lifebit is a diverse team spanning Europe and North America, with each person empowered and involved in every aspect of the business.
Here’s your chance to lead, to design, to own. To create.
Get in touch today
Please note - Keeping safe and healthy in workplace is important at any time, but even more so in times like these. Therefore due to Covid-19 all staff members are now working remotely until further notice. Our hiring process is no exception - to protect you, our hiring team and others around, we will be arranging remote interviews with the successful candidates