Bioinformatician (Singapore - Nextflow Developer)
At Lifebit, we carve our own path. So can you.
We're open source pioneers, innovators changing the world. Our driving mission: to revolutionise bioinformatics and biomedical data analysis forever.
Our product, Lifebit CloudOS, is the world’s first federated genomics platform for unified, secure research over distributed big data. No one on the planet has anything close. Think best-in-class UI/UX, seamless integration with open-source tools, powerful cohort browser, advanced AI. We’re leading the industry and leaving competitors in the dust. We intend to keep it that way.
Because while we know our technology is unmatched, we also know we can keep making it greater. That’s why we need more superstars like you - to help take us to incredible new heights. (Plus, we’ve got some really big plans afoot...)
If you share our commitment to open source, bioinformatics, big big data, Machine Learning, and AI we want to hear from you today.
We are looking for Bioinformaticians to join our team today!
This position is only open for candidates with demonstrable experience developing workflows using Nextflow (https://www.nextflow.io/). Please include a link to a Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket repository with sample of your Nextflow code to be considered for this position. All other applications will be kindly declined.
You have knowledge and experience in bioinformatics, specifically you have experience in:
- Developing workflows using Nextflow (essential)
- 1+ years experience working with Python and R
- Experience using Docker and Conda for dependency management for Bioinformatics tools
Additionally you may have experience in some of the following:
- Cloud providers such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure
- Continuous Integration and software testing frameworks
- Data analysis building dahsboards with Jupyter Notebooks, Rmarkdowns
As a Bioinformatician in our team, you will:
- Provide professional bioinformatics customer support assistance
- Build required pipelines for batch analysis
- Provide upgrades, patches and maintenance of pipelines
- Engage with Lifebit clients and keep them excited about our products and services
- Gather insights and experiences from every project and client to feed it to the rest of the team
- Keep up to date with best practices and latest developments in bioinformatics data analysis area
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Monthly team activities
- Conferences, events and training resources - we offer £1,000 a year to each person for personal development)
- International and diverse team
- Exposure to problems and applications in the cloud, data analysis, ML, life sciences and big data fields
Lifebit is on the cutting edge of the biotechnology revolution. Based in London, UK, Lifebit is a diverse team spanning Europe and North America, with each person empowered and involved in every aspect of the business.
Here’s your chance to lead, to design, to own. To create.
Get in touch today
Please note - Keeping safe and healthy in workplace is important at any time, but even more so in times like these. Therefore due to Covid-19 all staff members are now working remotely until further notice. Our hiring process is no exception - to protect you, our hiring team and others around, we will be arranging remote interviews with the successful candidates