Head of Product
At Lifebit, we carve our own path. Trusted by Governments and world-leading pharma institutions and funded with a fresh $60m in Series B capital, we are on a mission to harness the power of connected data and bring precision medicine to life globally. The key to saving human lives is providing researchers across the globe with the right data to develop more precise therapies and drugs faster.
Generating large amounts of biomedical data has become relatively straightforward. The challenge now is finding, accessing and analyzing this sensitive data stored across thousands of disconnected locations. It is frustrating and painfully difficult for researchers.
Lifebit has created a patented, federated technology that brings analysis and computation to where data resides. This enables researchers to run analyses on multiple, distributed datasets in-situ, avoiding the risky movement of highly-sensitive data.
Lifebit powers pioneers in national precision medicine such as Genomics England (UK Government) and the Hong Kong Genome Project and guides them on how to make their valuable data usable securely. Biotech and pharma leaders like Boehringer Ingelheim turn to Lifebit to connect them to this otherwise locked up data to obtain novel therapeutic insights.
Our technology is unmatched and momentum is on our side - but we need an exceptionally strong team to help boost Lifebit to incredible new heights.
In this role, as a Head of Product, you will own the strategy and delivery of Lifebit’s products that leverage our unique federated technology. You will lead a team of talented and motivated Product Managers in delivering game-changing solutions that help our clients understand complex diseases and develop new and effective treatments using a data-driven approach.
- Lead cross-functional teams to define, design, and bring to market new and innovative products that help our clients accelerate drug discovery and precision medicine
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of our clients and users and conduct market research and competitive analysis to inform product strategy
- Develop and maintain the product strategy and roadmap, align with stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Customer Success, Engineering, Marketing), prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with wider business
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from ideation to launch
- Drive adoption of products
- Manage, coach and hire a team of Product Managers
- Foster a culture of testing, data-driven decision making, and accountability for metrics and results
- Work closely with Lifebit’s leadership team to shape business and product strategy
- 5+ years of experience in product management, with a track record of delivering multiple successful products to market
- Strong understanding of data-driven product development and design thinking methodologies
- Repeatedly demonstrated problem solving abilities and evidence of use analytical skills to determine future actions and assess past decisions
- Experience of communicating and engaging senior commercial stakeholders as part of a product development process
- Experience operating within Agile and waterfall environments
- Evidence of creation of commercial business cases and using this to help prioritize product development decisions
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the business and with external teams
- Experience of influencing stakeholders to deliver quality product development whilst meeting tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision to deliver high quality work in a timely manner
- Experience of working in a B2B environment and of working with account teams and end customers
- Experience in the life sciences or pharmaceutical industry, particularly in drug discovery or R&D
- Understanding of machine learning, data science, and AI technologies and their applications in drug discovery
- Strong communicator
- Must be able to drive teams to deliver targets
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality
- Confident and able to speak up against and defend opinions with strong reasoning, analysis and evidence
- Passionate about improving both what their team does and how they do it
- High levels of attention to detail are required as the role is accountable for end results and must get the small things right
- Able to think on the go and adapt quickly to changing demands
- Will be required to develop and coach the team and therefore must be able to work with junior team members to set development plans and monitor progress.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Personal development budget
- State of the art hardware and software
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays;
- Conferences, events and training resources (Product, Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick!) - we offer £1,000 a year to each person for personal development);
International and diverse team.
Flexible working during summer.