At Lifebit, we carve our own path. So can you.
We're open source pioneers, innovators changing the world. Our driving mission: to revolutionise bioinformatics and biomedical data analysis forever.
Our product, Lifebit CloudOS, is the world’s first federated genomics platform for unified, secure research over distributed big data. No one on the planet has anything close. Think best-in-class UI/UX, seamless integration with open-source tools, powerful cohort browser, advanced AI. We’re leading the industry and leaving competitors in the dust. We intend to keep it that way.
Because while we know our technology is unmatched, we also know we can keep making it greater. That’s why we need more superstars like you - to help take us to incredible new heights. (Plus, we’ve got some really big plans afoot...)
If you share our commitment to open source, bioinformatics, big big data, Machine Learning, and AI we want to hear from you today.
We are looking for an OpenCGA Developer to join our team today!
This position is only open for candidates with demonstrable experience developing and maintaining OpenCGA workflows (https://github.com/opencb/opencga). Please include a link to a Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket repository with a sample of your OpenCGA code to be considered for this position. All other applications will be kindly declined.
The successful candidate must have knowledge and experience working with OpenCGA, specifically you have experience in:
- Advanced experience as a Java Developer
- A track record of developing high quality web services
- Experience working with NoSQL databases - MongoDB
- Experience managing deployment pipelines and offering solutions and improvements when needs be
- Java, C, C++ development
- Working with Hadoop
As an OpenCGA Developer in our team, you will:
- Be the main Java Developer working on our OpenCGA tool
- Develop and maintain our OpenCGA tool
- Be working with biological data
- Gather insights and experiences from every project and client to feed it to the rest of the team
- Keep up to date with best practices and latest developments in bioinformatics data analysis area
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Monthly team activities
- Conferences, events and training resources (Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick!) - we offer £1,000 a year to each person for personal development)
- International and diverse team
- Exposure to problems and applications in the cloud, data analysis, ML, life sciences and big data fields
Lifebit is on the cutting edge of the biotechnology revolution. Based in London, UK, Lifebit is a diverse team spanning Europe and North America, with each person empowered and involved in every aspect of the business.
Here’s your chance to lead, to design, to own. To create.
Get in touch today