Senior Data Engineer (hybrid)
We’re looking for a talented and team player Data Engineer for our Porto office!
This role will involve development and maintenance of our data repositories, pipeline and analytical solutions.
The ideal candidate is self driven and is looking to build high quality tools to provide actionable insights to our business managers and facilitate data-driven decision making. The candidate will also need to know how to leverage technology tools while protecting user data through compliance with privacy standards & regulations.
And furthermore, we're looking for someone excited about re-imagining insurance worldwide, helping to build a long-lasting company with us at Lovys!
- Create and maintain optimal data pipelines on Google Cloud technologies
- Design, build and optimize the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources to Google Cloud
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Develop data tools for team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with stakeholders including Product Owners, Business Developers and development teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs;
- Team Management
- Master's degree
- 4+ years of experience
- Proficient in performing root cause analysis. Good analytical thinker
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Successful histories of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform namely: Big Query
- Airflow experience
- Experience with Dbt, Firebase, DataProc, Google Analytics is a plus
- Comfortable with Python
- Good analytical, oral & written communication skills
From a Data Engineer perspective you will find a data department working with the cutting edge technology stack: dbt to load the Data Warehouse, Fivetran, Big Query, Looker as our analytical tools. One of your main tools will be Big Query, one of the most powerful databases, supported by an amazing team of Data Analysts and Data Engineers. There is a lot to do and it's a great opportunity to influence the direction we are going as a team and as a company.
Lovys is a startup company set to reshape the insurance business. Our Data department is expanding so this is the perfect opportunity to join, bring your knowledge and build something awesome that will make you (us) proud. You will also:
- Work with people from more than 14 nationalities
- Hybrid policy
- Peer-to-peer training
- Creative and innovative environment
- Opportunity to join to a great family
- Have great perks such as Health Insurance, Well-being app, employee experience platform...
- And then we have our office... our Porto office is the coolest office you have seen!
You don't like insurance?
That's good, neither do we. That's why we created Lovys.
Lovys is the first all-in-one 100% digital insurance.
In concrete terms: we offer a monthly insurance subscription as an alternative to old contracts. The difference? In addition to a 100% digital experience, the customer can change or cancel her/his subscription at any time, but also customize it according to his needs. Lovys is a technology company for insurance, founded in 2017 in the heart of Paris, France. We are a team of over 14 nationalities, working from 3 different countries (France, Portugal and Spain). We are already one of the biggest insurtechs in France and Europe and are growing very fast - so join this exciting journey! We have raised +25M€ over time and we are committed to create something different in a very traditional industry.
- We before me || We do not want to be individually right, we want to be collectively successful.
- Empowerment over criticism || We treat others for who they could become, rather than for who they are.
- Learning then obsessing || We scratch, then we drill. We listen, then we execute. We are good, then we are excellent.