Analyst, Corporate Development & Investment
- In-depth market research in support of the company’s growth strategy across geographies, lines of business, and new revenue streams.
- Underwrite and value potential acquisitions, investments, and partnerships, including developing pro formas, analyzing deal structures, assessing project feasibility and risks including performing related sensitivity and scenario analysis. Create investment memoranda and other transaction support documents.
- Assist in the due diligence process on prospective transactions and incorporate the findings into financial models.
- Support the development of new revenue streams and innovative funding mechanisms, including concessionary finance structures.
- Support the identification, sourcing, structuring, negotiation and closing of the various capital facilities to finance projects and the broader company.
- Track projects and integrate and disseminate necessary data across teams, including maintaining Salesforce on all transactions.
- Develop collateral in support of the strategy, including presentation materials for clients, partners, leadership, the Board, and investors.
- Support other internal strategic project initiatives as may be required.
- Develop a deep understanding of our business verticals to draw on the right resources at the right time. Nurture a knowledge of forest management and reforestation practices.
- Maintain collegial and supportive relationships with colleagues and external relationships.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of experience in investment banking, principal investing, or corporate development. Experience in timber, forestry, carbon, or other natural resources industries is highly desired. Seniority level will be based on candidate experience. Plus, Candidates must possess:
- Alignment with our Mission of developing scalable reforestation solutions to mitigate the worst effects of climate change.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in investment banking, principal investing, corporate development, finance, or corporate advisory. Preference for experience in real estate and real assets, specifically environmental services, carbon, or timber.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, economics, business, or real estate-related fields. An MBA or equivalent is highly preferrable, ideally with a focus on real estate finance and sustainability.
- Advanced financial modeling skills and strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets, with working knowledge of PowerPoint/GoogleSlides and Salesforce.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to take complex, ambiguous topics and turn them into compelling narratives for different audiences, including investor communications.
- Excellent organizational skills - able to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously, with varying complexity, while mastering the details of each.
- Experience working with executive stakeholders and across multiple teams across an organization, including on tight timelines.
- Entrepreneurial with an ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.