Seasonal Associate, Nursery Operations
What you’ll do in this seasonal position:
- As a Nursery Operations Associate, you will be working in seedling cultivation at the greenhouse, including sorting, bunching, hand-pulling, bagging, boxing seedlings, and other tasks for preparing the sowing tasks.
- In the bareroot field, you will be collecting and bundling seedlings from the ground, or grading, sorting, bunching, and bagging seedlings in the warehouse.
- Ability to engage in physical labor in varying weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Responsiveness to direction and feedback
- "Team player" attitude and ability to work with others, and independently when necessary
- Safety-first mentality
Physical requirements include:
- Lifting up to 50 pounds, standing for long periods of time, reaching, bending, twisting, using hands for fine and gentle seedling manipulation. Applicants should be prepared with appropriate warm outfits. Relevant experience is a plus.