About MD Ally:
Each year, millions of non-emergency calls are made to 911 that decrease ambulance availability, overcrowd EDs, and drive billions in excess costs. MD Ally is a 911 triage & telehealth solution that allows EMS to triage non-emergency patients to virtual care saving limited, emergency services. Our mission is to enable greater connectivity between 911 & the broader healthcare ecosystem.
As a Patient Navigator/Implementation Specialist, you will serve as the first point of contact for 9-1-1 patients that are connected to MD Ally. Similar to First Responders and 9-1-1 dispatchers, you will utilize your training and experience to provide a seamless “9-1-1-to-telehealth” experience for MD Ally’s patients. You will be responsible for greeting callers, executing patient intake, and matching the patient with the appropriate care resources.
The Patient Navigator/Implementation Specialist is also responsible for fostering telehealth adoption in Maricopa County emergency dispatch center. This includes steering, educating, and coaching emergency dispatchers on the various Telehealth workflows and best practices.
The Patient Navigator/Implementation Specialist also improves adoption by participating in the development of resources, tools, content, workflows, and processes. A critical role of the Patient Navigator/Implementation Specialist is mentoring and providing constructive feedback for enhanced performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a dispatch floor presence by answering questions, monitoring workflows, and encouraging emergency dispatchers through Telehealth adoption and implementation.
- Provides positive and constructive feedback for consistency in the utilization of Telehealth resources. Guides key stakeholders through troubleshooting and navigation of AllyNet protocols.
- Work within MD Ally’s proprietary platform to greet callers in real-time as they are referred over from Public Safety partners.
- Greet patients in a compassionate, empathetic, and respectful manner.
- Proactively de-escalate situations involving dissatisfied patients, offering patient assistance and support.
- Use clinical background to perform a secondary triage process that ensures the patient is an appropriate candidate for MD Ally services.
- Collect patient demographic information, medical history, and associated fees for service (co-pays, past due balances, etc.)
- Attends meetings and articulates the needs of the emergency dispatchers and patients regarding the Telehealth program.
- Conducts training for new hires, trainers, and associated staff.
- Coordinate patient follow-up care and referrals to external services; arrange alternative transportation for external services when needed.
- Presents new and creative ways to foster adoption.
- Provides weekly updates to the MD Ally Management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies Required
- 2-4 years experience as a Patient Navigator, Care Coordinator, Implementation Specialist, or Care Concierge
- Dispatch center trainer experience preferred.
- Experience in high call volumes or call center operations
- Ability to represent MD Ally, Partner, and Telehealth best practices for patients in distress.
- Strong ability to articulate and communicate thoughts and ideas in both written and verbal formats.
- Creative ability to develop new tools, resources, and enhancements that will enhance care coordination.
- Strategic thinking to anticipate client and departmental needs as new changes or updates emerge.
- Ability to share negative news in a constructive and positive fashion.
- Ability to think and work independently
- Ability to work remotely in a quiet and secure location 2 days a week.
This job is hybrid - 3 days onsite from an emergency dispatch center (Maricopa County/Pheonix, AZ) and 2 days remote.
Candidate must reside in Maricopa County and be available for evening and weekend shifts. Rotating weekends are required.
Onsite requirements include the ability to sit for long periods of time at a desk with occasionally moving, standing, and walking. Occasionally requires repeated bending, crouching, stretching, or crawling, along with regularly lifting 10 – 25 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds. May occasionally involve climbing ladders.
The work environment is composed of moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
This position works under general supervision. Employee acts independently to handle standard issues.
This position communicates with the MD Ally Management Team and Care Concierges on a regular basis. It also communicates with agency counterparts and other internal departments.
No formal responsibility for supervising others.
MD Ally Values
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of executors to drive the company forward.
- Act Like an Owner -- Look around and take on work that needs to be done. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth.
- Always Be Learning -- We are creating a new vision for the 911 industry. Be adaptable, creative and learn from others and our customers.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Always be upfront and honest with the team and our business partners.
JOB CODE: 1000036
Something looks off?