Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
Metro Africa Xpress
MAX is a team of passionate people building digital infrastructure to deliver the future of mobility in Africa and Emerging Markets. We attract people with conviction who are willing to bring new ideas and perspectives to a problem that affects everyone on the planet.
At MAX, you’ll have a unique opportunity to align your passion with a meaningful mission.
You will get a real opportunity to grow and make a real lasting impact on the lives of millions of people, and help deliver access to safe, reliable, affordable, and sustainable transportation.
We are Powering Africa’s Forward Movement, and this is being actualized through our transformative Mission: Making mobility safe, affordable, accessible, and sustainable through the deployment of high-performance technology and operators.
We are building the largest vehicle subscription and financial services platform for commercial drivers and transport operators across Africa. Our proprietary technology is enabling Drivers with no banking history to access low to zero-emission vehicles, insurance, digital wallets, and eHailing services on a subscription basis. From 2019 to 2020, we scaled from 200 to more than 10,000 drivers and have raised more than $40m to achieve our mission. Our goal is to serve 14 million gig drivers across Africa's $250B mobility industry. In the short term, we are scaling our impact to 100,000 drivers across 10 cities in 3 countries.
In everything we do, we uphold these 5 values without compromise;
- Transparency: We’re taking everyone along for the ride.
- Integrity: We stand by our word to remain consistent with all parties, including you!
- Initiative: We prioritize ingenious ideas and nurture them which has brought us this far and we’re not stopping now.
- Partnership: We always keep the welcome mat rolled out on MAX Land; everyone is welcome.
- Safety: Safety to us at MAX means taking all road safety precautions, telling others about safety so that mobility is safe and comfortable for all.
- Financial Inclusion: We fill a critical funding gap for informal operators in Africa by arranging credit to drivers and micro-entrepreneurs who have few credible options.
- Economic Empowerment: We have onboarded +15000 drivers onto our platform with thousands more in the pipeline in a bid to fulfill the transportation needs in Africa.
- Sustainable Job Creation: We are creating direct and indirect jobs through income-generating assets, technology, and continuous skill development training.
- Transport Infrastructure: Our drivers are professionals and can guarantee high quality of service and safety to passengers.
- Environmental Sustainability: We are deploying electric vehicles, charging infrastructure, and battery-swapping stations to propel the transition to clean mobility.
Our Investors and Strategic Partners:
MAX has raised $40m in funding to date, from strategic and financial investors including Yamaha, Mastercard, Shell Foundation, Novastar, Alitheia Capital, Goodwell Investments, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Techstars, and DLM Capital. Its Series A round for $7.5m closed in June 2019 after which the company announced plans to pilot and scale the assembly and deployment of Electric Vehicles (EVs) across Africa. Max expects that 31% of its fleet will be made up of EVs by 2024 and 69% by 2026.
We are raising $50m+ in the next 18 months to continue our hyper-growth trajectory.
Role Overview: HR BUSINESS PARTNER (HRBP)
We are looking for an exceptional HRBP that will drive and execute a world-class People Strategy. You will be highly analytical, a self-starter, results-oriented, and able to thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
As HRBP, you will execute People initiatives across West Africa and beyond — including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Performance Management, People Strategy, Automation, Employee Engagement, and Learning and Development. You will be responsible for delivering the People Infrastructure that powers the entire MAX community, globally.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the executive team and strategic people lead to execute on people strategy and people transformation initiatives across the organization
- Drive and manage people transformation and change management initiatives.
- Deliver a positive NPS of 95% amongst all employees at MAX
- Provide specialist risk-based advice, coaching and people-related advice to execs and managers
- Provide proactive support, coaching, and mentorship to managers to help them deliver agreed targets
- Drive the development, review, and improvement of talent management across MAX
- Manage cyclical processes including remuneration reviews, employee engagement surveys, recruitment and other people optimization processes
- Plan, manage and control budgets
- Take ownership of employee complaints and issues and resolve them systematically and efficiently
- Manage and proactively engage all relevant internal and external stakeholders across MAX
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and best practices in all regions of operation