Social Impact Associate for Startup
Are you a champion of innovation and social good? Do you want to join a team that seeks to eradicate homelessness through compassionate tech? If yes, Mini City may be the home for you! Mini City seeks a Social Impact Associate to participate in the organization’s day–to-day outreach that includes outreach with homeless citizens, general office administration and involvement in some long-range strategic planning. If you are highly organized, with a keen eye (and heart) while helping others, this may be the position for you. This position is an ideal opportunity for a social impact, public policy or business admin graduate. The hire will also have exposure to all areas of the organization such as partnership, marketing, and our social impact software solution. The candidate must be willing to do outreach with the Mini City team at our partner off-site locations. Outreach includes onboarding homeless citizens with identification and benefits via our software platform.
This position is best suited for someone who has a strong interest in social impact and tech start-up business administration. To learn more about Mini City, please visit: www.minicityatl.com
- Conduct a variety of general admin tasks as assigned
- Assist with outreach at partner sites, community resource events, etc. Your primary responsibility will be onboarding homeless citizens with ID and government benefits at various in person locations.
- Assist with processing mail at our local PO Box in Atlanta, bookkeeping and data entry
- Work with the CEO and CTO to develop and implement a project centered around expanding our business admin processes; or a project of your choosing with Director approval.
- Help improve administration procedures
- Respond to general emails from the email@example.com account in a prompt manner, routing them to the appropriate team member (initially done under Director supervision)
- Background in community engagement or advocacy
- 2-4 years experience in data entry, book keeping and/or record management with a community based organization, foundation, institution, social impact group or corporation
- MAC OS, PC, Microsoft Office and Dropbox proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and research skills
- Detail-oriented and team player
- Knowledge and working experience in tech and social impact
- Compensation: TBD (based on experience, new or recent graduates are encouraged to apply!)
- Great potential for advancement and professional growth.