Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking a detail-oriented, resourceful, and proactive individual to join our Loan Production team. You will own a pipeline of submitted loans and will collaborate with loan officers, our lender partners, and other third parties to facilitate smooth closings. Excellent customer service is your baseline and you are genuinely excited to help folks close their home financing! You have a great work ethic and are always willing to pitch in to help the team.
- Manage a pipeline of active loans from submission to close, working with lenders and third parties to ensure deals close seamlessly and on-time.
- Facilitate a transparent experience for loan officers and borrowers, with clear communication on late stage underwriting requests and the closing process.
- Ensure the receipt and review of all final conditions for a timely closing.
- Identify operational bottlenecks and pain points, and collaborate cross-functionally to develop and implement short and long-term solutions.
- Minimum two years of experience in a role focused on closing mortgages.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines without micromanagement.
- Willing and able to learn quickly. Self starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude.
- Results-driven and persistent. Ability to stay calm and level-headed in stressful or frustrating circumstances.
- Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000, depending on candidate experience and location