Want to revolutionize the packaging industry?
As a Mycologist at Mushroom Material, you will play a pivotal role in our mission to harness the power of mycelium for sustainable packaging. You'll work alongside a passionate team of scientists and engineers to advance our mycological research, optimize mycelium growth, and develop innovative packaging solutions. You will have the opportunity to lead innovative research projects in the field of mycology, exploring and experimenting with various mushroom species to discover novel applications and properties for materials.
- Setup and support in-house strain management.
- Conduct mycological research to identify and cultivate strains of mycelium suitable for packaging materials.
- Manage mycelium growth and maintenance in controlled environments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and test new mycelium-based packaging prototypes.
- Optimize mycelium production processes for scalability and cost-effectiveness.
- Analyze data, track experiments, and maintain detailed records of mycological research.
- Stay updated on the latest advancements in mycology and biotechnology to inform our research and development.
- International travel may be required to our head office in Singapore.
- Bachelor's degree in Mycology, Biology, or related field (Master's or Ph.D. preferred).
- Proven experience working with mycelium and fungi in a research or industrial setting.
- Strong knowledge of fungal biology, growth cycles, and strain selection.
- Experience with laboratory techniques, sterile techniques, and data analysis.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and communicate scientific findings effectively.
- A passion for sustainability and an understanding of the environmental impact of traditional packaging materials.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Positive work culture that values collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
- We value work-life balance and understand that a healthy life outside of work is essential for creativity and productivity. Our flexible work hours support this balance.
- Work from home (WFH) is available if you’re not required for specific on site tasks.
- Stay at the forefront of mycological research with continuous learning opportunities. Attend conferences, workshops, and training to expand your knowledge and skills.
- Take your career to new heights by becoming a key player in a rapidly growing startup.
Mushroom Material is an Auckland/ Singapore startup and a leading innovator in sustainable materials. We specialize in products made from mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms as an alternative to Expanded Polystyrene Styrofoam. We are committed to revolutionizing the packaging industry with eco-friendly, biodegradable alternatives that reduce the environmental impact of traditional materials. Join our team and be a part of the mushroom-based packaging revolution!
Mushroom Material is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and demographics. The application deadline is 22nd December 2023.