Narmi is how community financial institutions unlock the very latest capabilities in digital banking and account opening – so they can move faster, tap new growth opportunities, and be where banking is going. Since our founding, Narmi has moved billions of dollars and opened hundreds of thousands of accounts for banks and credit unions across the US. As a result, our customers have seen meaningful increases in deposits, revenues, and happy customers. In fact, LendingClub—one of the first financial institutions to leverage Narmi—was recently recognized by Bankrate and NerdWallet for providing the #1 digital experience for a bank or credit union in the US.
About the Security Engineering Team:
Security lives at the heart of Narmi engineering, and you will help us build out a dedicated Security Engineering team focused on keeping it that way. This team will focus on both building infrastructure to further secure Narmi’s applications, as well as instilling a culture of secure development across the entire engineering organization. The team will lead security projects ranging from authentication/authorization application features to security infrastructure development and penetration testing.
What you’ll do:
- Attract, manage and retain a high-performing security focused team
- Plan, develop, implement, and iterate on Narmi’s current and future security initiatives
- Spearhead Narmi's information security and governance programs to identify and mitigate risks
- Lead periodic security and compliance audits such as PCI DSS for Service Providers and SOC 2 Type II in conjunction with external entities
- Implement a security management framework based on NIST and/or ISO 27001
- Manage and evolve technical policies, risk assessments, data classifications, security telemetry and controls
- Provide mentorship, training and security perspective across the organization
- Take part in security focused code reviews and testing
- Triage security incident reports from internal and external stakeholders, lead security incident response and conduct remediation
- Assist with infrastructure changes and automation tooling to improve Narmi’s security posture
- Interface with clients and prospects to help them understand our security posture and compliance programs
What you’ll bring:
- Experience with NIST and or ISO 27001
- 7+ years of professional security engineering experience
- Broad security domain knowledge
- Experience with cloud hosted environments (ideally AWS)
- Great work ethic, agility, and consistent experience as a top performer
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience leading engineering teams and fully owning features
- Willingness to occasionally work in New York City
- Experience at a startup or financial technology firm (preferred)
The expected annual base salary for this role is $200,000 - $235,000. Base salary is only part of your total compensation. In addition to base salary, you will receive an equity option grant, and are eligible for performance-based cash and equity bonuses. Compensation included in an offer will be commensurate with the candidate’s skills, experience and geographic location. Compensation ranges for candidates located outside of New York City may differ. You will also receive a full benefits package.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups.
Please note that all correspondence related to this role will come directly from Narmi (email addresses ending in @narmi.com or @narmitech.com), and not a third party. If you receive correspondence from an individual claiming to represent Narmi please let us know immediately at email@example.com