Narmi is how community financial institutions unlock the very latest capabilities in digital banking and account opening – so they can move faster, tap new growth opportunities, and be where banking is going. Since our founding, Narmi has moved billions of dollars and opened hundreds of thousands of accounts for banks and credit unions across the US. As a result, our customers have seen meaningful increases in deposits, revenues, and happy customers. In fact, LendingClub—one of the first financial institutions to leverage Narmi—was recently recognized by Bankrate and NerdWallet for providing the #1 digital experience for a bank or credit union in the US.
About the Business Operations team:
Narmi is growing through unprecedented growth. Scaling the company is by far one of the most enjoyable parts of working at Narmi. However, scaling also comes with inevitable challenges, tough decisions and a requirement for fast paced execution. The Business Operations team is focused on solving some of Narmi's most pressing business and operational issues. You will work collaboratively across all departments on a variety of day-to-day and strategic initiatives with a direct and quantifiable impact on our business. You will identify actionable insights, assess their impact, and lead execution & implementation. Integrity, sharpness and the ability to “get it” are critical to be successful in this role.
What you'll do:
- Manage and drive key operational and strategic initiatives across the business. No potential project - regardless of size or scope - is off the table.
- Quickly solve the most pressing problems at the company through thoughtful and pragmatic execution
- Interact with all aspects of the business: sales, marketing, implementation, customer success, compliance, product, engineering, people and more
- Collaborate with department leads to develop, track, and target company-wide success metrics across our leadership reviews
- Help prepare for key team and corporate-wide meetings including Operations Leadership meetings, Company All Hands, and other ad-hoc strategy discussions
What you'll bring:
- Passion for building a world-class company that will always be chasing excellence
- 3+ years experience at a top-tier consulting firm, investment bank or private equity firm (or equivalent analytical and strategic role at top-tier organization) OR 4+ years at a high-growth B2B SaaS company
- Excellence in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Notion and high capacity to learn new technology tools (Slack, Wrike, Github, Zenhub, etc.)
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, i.e. the ultimate "project manager"
The expected annual base salary for this role is $100,000 - $120,000. Base salary is only part of your total compensation. In addition to base salary, you will receive an equity option grant, and are eligible for performance-based cash and equity bonuses. Compensation included in an offer will be commensurate with the candidate’s skills, experience and geographic location. Compensation ranges for candidates located outside of New York City may differ. You will also receive a full benefits package.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups.
Please note that all correspondence related to this role will come directly from Narmi (email addresses ending in @narmi.com or @narmitech.com), and not a third party. If you receive correspondence from an individual claiming to represent Narmi please let us know immediately at email@example.com