Product Designer I - Online Banking
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Narmi is how community financial institutions unlock the very latest capabilities in digital banking and account opening – so they can move faster, tap new growth opportunities, and be where banking is going. Since our founding, Narmi has moved billions of dollars and opened hundreds of thousands of accounts for banks and credit unions across the US. As a result, our customers have seen meaningful increases in deposits, revenues, and happy customers. In fact, one of the first financial institutions to leverage Narmi was recognized by Bankrate and NerdWallet for providing the #1 digital experience for a bank or credit union in the US.
About the Product Design team:
Product Designers play a crucial role in shaping the future of Narmi. Our Product Designers are passionate about creating products that fulfill user needs and provide delightful experiences. Since we’re a fast-moving startup, our design team takes an iterative approach and decides on solutions that meet current user needs but can evolve for the future.
Our Product Managers, Design, and Engineering teams are structured as pods that are focused on several core features of the product. You will be assigned to our Digital Banking pod and will work to design best-in-class features for business and consumer banking. You will also regularly collaborate with designers from other pods to share learnings and ensure a cohesive user experience.
We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, love collaboration and feedback, and are always learning about best practices to master their craft!
What you'll do:
- Lead projects through and end-to-end design process: discovery, design strategy, research, ideation, interaction and visual design, prototyping, testing, launch, evaluation and iteration.
- Deliver solutions focusing on a great user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation.
- Partner with other designers to maintain and develop our design system
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with stakeholders.
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals, and business requirements that shape our product.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to define the best approach to a problem.
- Ensure a consistent and cohesive user experience.
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years of product design experience, especially on SAAS or metric-heavy tools
- Experience doing user research
- A strong portfolio that shows your range of design experience
- Business banking experience is a plus but not required
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to turn product requirements, user research, and design system guidelines into easy-to-use solutions
- Ability to approach designs collaboratively and build strong cross-functional relationships, both internal and external
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion
- Ability to present and pitch design solutions to stakeholders
- Competency in relevant design tools (We use Figma)
- Excellent verbal and written communication tools
- Authorization to work in the United States
This role's expected annual base salary is $100,000- $110,000. Base salary is only part of your total compensation. In addition to base salary, you will receive an equity option grant, and are eligible for performance-based cash and equity bonuses. Compensation included in an offer will be commensurate with the candidate’s skills, experience and geographic location. Compensation ranges for candidates located outside of New York City may differ. You will also receive a full benefits package.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups.
Please note that all correspondence related to this role will come directly from Narmi (email addresses ending in @narmi.com or @narmitech.com), and not a third party. If you receive correspondence from an individual claiming to represent Narmi please let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org