Engineering Manager, Integrations
Nautilus is building artificial intelligence to advance the efficiency of ocean commerce. We deliver technology to help shipping companies minimize fuel consumption, maximize operational efficiency, and optimize fleet performance. By arming ship owners and operators with real-time predictive decision support, Nautilus is reducing greenhouse gas emissions and making global trade sustainable.
Ocean shipping consumes over $100 billion dollars of fuel every year, and up to 30% of it can be saved. For owner-operators, reliance on manually collected and analyzed data makes it difficult to optimize fleet performance in real-time. By providing a unified data platform that leverages machine learning, Nautilus helps its clients make better decisions to maximize the return on each ship and every voyage. For our clients, this means they drive closer collaboration, greater transparency, and stronger accountability across their global teams every day.
We're seeking a mission-driven, action-biased Engineering Manager for Integrations, reporting directly to the VP of Implementations and Support. With a proven track record in implementing data-driven, B2B SaaS products on time, you're ready to make a significant impact. Starting as an individual contributor managing a vendor team, your strategic insight and practical experience will enhance our operations, eventually leading to the establishment of a dedicated India-based integration engineering team. Internally collaborative and customer-focused, you are ready to deliver cutting-edge solutions while aligning with the goals and strategies of the Implementations and Support department.
Outcomes for this role.
- Lead our Integration Engineering projects, fostering an environment of technical excellence and innovation.
- Collaborate with Software Engineering, Data Science, DevOps, etc. to build and support data pipelines from client systems into our own environment.
- Own multiple client integrations whilst seamlessly handling those communications.
- Start as an individual contributor, effectively managing a vendor team to deliver on commitments and drive project success.
- Enhance our engineering processes and technical standards, specifically relating to data integration and data maintenance.
- Develop robust data integration processes and create effective data maintenance mechanisms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments and teams to deliver cutting-edge solutions, ensuring that Nautilus Labs operates effectively in the maritime software industry.
- Prioritize tasks effectively to manage multiple parallel priorities, delivering results in a timely and efficient manner.
- Serve as an advocate for best practices within the realm of data integration and data maintenance, holding the team to high standards.
- A minimum of 12 years of work experience software team, preferably in a data-driven, B2B SaaS environment.
- Demonstrable experience in data integration and data management.
- You have a client first mentality.
- You have an ability to execute complex integrations independently when required.
- Ability to manage up & also articulate progress to the organization.
- Proven track record in scaling engineering processes.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience taking ownership of cross-team projects and driving them to completion.
- Results-oriented with the ability to manage multiple parallel priorities.
- Solid development experience, preferably with experience in python.
- Experience with a statically typed language like Go, Scala, C++, or Java
- Experience with AWS (S3, SQS, Lambda, ECS, EC2, etc)
- Experience developing integrations from APIs, various external databases and microservices architecture
- Background of B.E/B.tech in Computer Science, a similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required (Masters is optional)
Our core values.
Get ready to join a group of diverse, smart, talented, and driven individuals. We are looking for people who are motivated by environmentalism and a future where shipping is sustainable and safe. A team member joining Nautilus is...
- We’re THOUGHTFUL, with a bias towards action.
- We’re an INCLUSIVE crew, and we are not passengers along for the ride.
- We’re DIRECT and we ask the tough questions.
- We EMPATHIZE with humanity.
Location - Onsite: Bangalore Office, India
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.