Data Engineer (Project-Based Only)
About Neufluence: Neufluence – an inclusion-focused creator marketplace offering tools to help brands, startups, and diverse micro-creators easily collaborate and monetize their total audience. Our mission with Neufluence is to generate more equity in marketing that can reach diverse audiences effectively. We're a DEI-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for creating a solution that provides opportunities for brands to hire a diverse spectrum of influencers and creators. We are a fast-paced team with live beta, traction and momentum, and we are looking for a candidate that can come join us and hit the ground running. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of building something that will recalibrate the marketing industry!
Job Overview: We are looking for a project-based intermediate-level Data Engineer to help build one of our projects influencer recommendation engine, influencer brand safety metrics/pay.
The Data Engineer Intern role will work closely with the senior team on challenging and exciting analytics problems to help brands determine the right influencers to hire and what to pay them. This will involve gaining substantial experience working with our data systems to develop and design data science solutions for our business’s data problems and continually improve services that solve business problems and provide insight to making improved decisions. Included in our program is data collection, AI/natural language processing, graph analytics, and data visualization.
Our current stack is Github, GCP, Firebase/Firestore, React, Node.Js, Sellenium, Python.
*Responsibilities for the internship include but are not limited to: *
- Leading data collection, ingestion, and wrangling.
- Conducting exploratory analysis to extract insights and uncover important groups, trends, and relationships in data.
- Performing quantitative research, including acquisition of domain knowledge, determination of important research questions, technical writing, and presentation.
- Intuitively framing problems and determining the appropriate analytical approaches to solve them.
- Communicating and coordinating effectively with the project manager, software engineers, and other team members.
Skills & Qualifications:
A Masters-level or higher candidate that possess a strong grade average and is studying in a quantitative discipline such as:
- Hard or Soft Sciences
Demonstrate exposure in several of the following:
- Python, Sellenium, Scrapy programming
- Probability & Statistics (Descriptive and Inferential Statistics, Bayesian Methods, Hypothesis Testing, Time Series)
- Databases (Firebase, NoSQL, Graph Databases, etc.)
- Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics
- Graph/Network Analytics
- Data Visualization (D3, Seaborn, Bokeh, Matplotlib, Yellowbrick, ggplot, etc.)
- Proven ability to think strategically and solve problems creatively.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assume ownership of tasks, manage workload, and meet deadlines.
We accept applicants who are currently in full-time position and can do part-time.