Enterprise Customer Success Manager
- As a member of our Enterprise Customer Success team, you’ll have the opportunity to directly influence how administrators engage with Newsela.
- You’ll monitor the health of your portfolio and every step of the client life cycle, while working closely with our internal teams to ensure clients are engaging with and getting the most out of Newsela’s solutions.
- You will also manage customers as they go through the Newsela Customer Journey, and will ensure they have the necessary support and resources at each step in the process to create an exceptional experience from the pre-sale team introduction throughout the full lifecycle.
- Your work will directly impact the expansion and adoption of Newsela products in K-12 classrooms nationwide, and will ultimately help bring engaging, culturally responsive learning content to students and teachers.
- You will partner closely with members of our Sales, Marketing, and Support teams.
Why you’ll love this role:
- You will manage 20 to 25 enterprise accounts – some of the largest district accounts in the country.
- You’ll leverage data, our tech stack (including Gainsight and Salesforce/SFDC), and customer insights to drive company results in product adoption, renewal, and expansion.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to leverage frameworks for your work while still maintaining autonomy and discretion to personalize your approach to partnership with each district based on their goals and needs.
- You'll drive successful business reviews with clients and manage an assigned portfolio of clients and related OKRs.
- You will own client success planning for your accounts; you'll ask discovery questions, employ active listening skills, and synthesize client goals for successful renewal.
- You will have a direct impact on the expansion and adoption of Newsela products, which will ultimately scale Newsela’s ability to bring engaging, culturally responsive learning content to K-12 classrooms nationwide.
Why you’re a great fit:
- You have 3+ years of enterprise level CSM experience in Educational Technology.
- You have a demonstrated history of hitting and exceeding company OKRs (may include renewal, health scores, product adoptions OKRs, etc).
- You have a history of driving customer retention and forecasting accurately.
- You proactively manage a portfolio of clients and build a strategic plan to maximize results.
- You monitor account health to identify areas of risk and opportunity, and leverage data and insights to drive product and partnership action.
- You quickly become a product expert, understanding the nuances of your company’s products and acutely aligning them to solve for customer pain points
- You are able to leverage your experience in client success planning, and are able to ask discovery questions, actively listen, and synthesize client goals, to effectively uncover hidden needs and get to the root of the problem.
- You have a proven history of partnering with the Sales team to achieve revenue goals, and are able to work across teams to galvanize support and ensure clients have the resources they need to get the most out of their partnership.
- While not required, a background in education and/or Gainsight and Salesforce (SFDC) experience is a plus.
- Base salary: $85,000 - $88,000
- On-Target Commission: $27,500
- Total OTE (On-Target Earnings): $112,500 - $115,500
Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.