Sr Data Engineer/Architect (3y-7y)
About the job
Starting with credit, NIRA aspires to be the pre-eminent financial brand for the mass market or "Middle India". We already have customers in over 5,000 towns and cities, and we're growing quickly (15% MoM for the last 20 months!). It's a very exciting time to join us. We have over 200+ employees.
Currently, only 10% of Indians can use banks when they need credit: banks typically require a high credit score or collateral, something most people don't have. It need not be this way. Using a combination of traditional data and the vast amount of digital data available, it is now possible to score the unscored.
Today, we receive 15000 new loan applications daily from across 4000 cities in India, and we are growing 15-20% MoM. People reach us at their time of need, and we offer them credit via our app. Money reaches their bank account within 24 hrs of application.
We are addressing head-on a big challenge. It's also a great opportunity from both a commercial and societal impact perspective. We can improve lives for millions. It is no exaggeration to say that our addressable market will be 400mm within 5 years. It's pretty exciting, we think.
If our mission resonates with you, and you are a talented and hardworking individual that wants to commit yourself to an incredible challenge, then we want to hear from you.
As one of the senior data engineers on the team, you’ll be working on our core data platform and infrastructure powering business decisions and data science workloads.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our engineering team. The hire will be responsible for building our data and data pipeline architecture. You will optimise our data flow starting with the collection of data for cross functional teams and purposes. You will support our key data science initiatives while maintaining consistency of data delivery architecture throughout ongoing projects. Ideal candidates must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet performance and business requirements
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, credit risk, operational efficiency and other business KPIs.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and scaling our core products
• Work with cross domain data and analytics experts to strive for stronger data driven outcomes for the business.
• Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark / PySpark, Kafka.
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python.
• Expertise in data modelling and buiding data driven systems.
• Well versed with Shell Scripting.
• Hands on experience on various AWS services like EMR,EC2,Glue.
• Deploy existing data projects using CICD pieplines.
• Knowledge on Docker is a plus.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Medical Insurance
You can learn more about NIRA here: