Currently, only 10% of Indians can use banks when they need credit: banks typically require a high credit score or collateral, something most people don't have. It need not be this way. Using a combination of traditional data and the vast amount of digital data available, it is now possible to score the unscored. We want to reimagine the way loans are underwritten and bring access to credit to millions of underbanked in India. We can economically empower them to have greater control of their lives and provide downside protection in difficult times.
We are addressing head-on a big challenge. It's also a great opportunity from both a commercial and societal impact perspective. We can improve lives for millions. It is no exaggeration to say that our addressable market will be 400mm within 5 years. It's pretty exciting we think.
If our mission resonates with you, and you are a talented and hardworking individual that wants to commit yourself to an incredible yet surmountable challenge, then we want to hear from you.
You'll work closely with the founders and share the responsibility to ensure the alignment of the technology strategy with the long term goals of the business. Within a small team of engineers, you'll facilitate the in house migration of product from software development partners, while managing business continuity during the launch phase.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Execute lean and fast experiments on a serverless microservices architecture
- Understand the first product that has been built
- Build new features in the existing product and launch new products
- Contribute to instating the early internal security policies
- Contribute in building the initial data infrastructure to process and consume the growing streams of data
- Contribute to hiring and engineering team building efforts
- Strong experience with Java
- Experience with Android SDK gained while building and scaling mobile consumer products
- 1-2 years of experience in software development on AWS Lambda and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with AWS products - EC2, DynamoDB, S3, EMR etc
- Familiarity with multiple layers of infrastructure and application stack - UI, application layer, database
- Comfortable dealing with operational aspects like reporting, and infrastructure sizing
- Be excited about the power of technology to transform finance for the better!
fintech, India, social impact, early stage, lead engineer, senior engineer, Android engineer, Java engineer, consumer credit, startup Skills:- Java, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DynamoDB and Android Development