Head of Finance
NIRA is looking to bring on board a Director of Finance to help us take the business to the next level, while maintaining tight control and discipline around our finances. The successful candidate will be considered a senior-level hire and will work closely with the founders in all aspects of financial control and strategy. If you're looking for a dynamic and challenging role on the cutting edge of the financial services industry, and a chance to grow with the firm, then this could be the seat for you.
*Must be CA qualified with a startup background and hold NBFC exposure.
Budget: 30-40LPA + ESOPS
Experience 10-15 years
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with founders to make financial plans (forecasting) and strategy
- Financial performance evaluation /variance analysis, KPIs for the business
- Loan book management
- Cash flow & working capital management
- Preparation of key financial metrics for investors and management
- Ensuring timely reconciliations and invoice collections with our debt funding partners
- Responsible for company accounts and financial reporting as per regulatory requirements
- Fundraising strategy/ Capital structure optimisation (debt, venture debt, equity)
- Develop accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Drive key finance initiatives to improve performance and facilitate business growth
- Actively identify opportunities to improve cost structure & unit costs Coordinate with auditors / diligence teams to successfully close audits Vendor management (we use multiple 3rd party services so need to manage these expenses)
- Oversee a small team of finance professionals.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Attributes:
- CA qualified with 10-15yrs experience
- Experience in a fast growing startup is preferred*
- Demonstrated experience in financial leadership role for at least 4 years
- Financial / cashflow modeling
- Strong ability to collaborate, problem solve, and work with multiple teams.
- Sharp commercial sense
- Detail oriented / meticulous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly data driven and analytical approach in problem solving
- Drive for excellence across all aspects of work
- Proficient use of tools such as Excel and Tally
- Willingness to work at a high level of intensity; we’re a fast growing business, you need to be able to keep up!
Nice to Have:
- Strong network with bankers
- Network within RBI
- Understanding of regulations for lending businesses.