Senior Data Engineer
NIRA is a consumer finance company offering small ticket loans to working Indians. At NIRA, our mission is to promote financial inclusion by creating simple, transparent products that empower individuals to live a life of choice and freedom.
NIRA was 1 of the 10 companies selected for the inaugural Techstars Accelerator in India. NIRA was also 1 of the 10 companies selected for Class III of the Google Launchpad Accelerator India. NIRA is now a part of India finals of the AWS Startup Architecture Challenge 2020. NIRA has raised $3m+ in seed & pre-series A funding.
As our product enters its next phase of growth (1-10x), you'll work directly with the founders, the product & engineering team and share the responsibility to ensure the alignment of the data strategy with the long term goals of the business.
Within a small team of data engineers, you’ll enhance the data platform and data analysis infrastructure within the company.
Roles & responsibilities:
* Scaling up the existing data infrastructure to ingest, process, and map core data on real-time basis
* Enable complex querying for key product decisions as well as core modules such as decision and collection engine
* Specifically focus on the initial build out of ML pipeline for fraud detection & credit scoring
* Build systems for rapid integration of new data sources
Skills & Qualifications:
* Exceptional expertise in building and maintaining large scale data warehouse and BI systems
* Experience modelling data from NoSQL databases
* Experience working with Open Source Big Data tools (Parquet, Spark, Hadoop, Presto)
* Experience with NLP techniques applied for data transformation tasks
* Experience with AWS services, DynamoDB/S3/Glue/Athena/Quicksight is preferred
* Experience with running and testing small workloads locally/remote, end to end
* Experience in python 3.x is highly preferred
* Familiarity with graph databases is preferred