Senior Full Stack / Frontend Engineer @ Environmental / Social Impact Startup (Techstars W21)
Nossa Data is a VC-backed startup building a tool to accelerate companies’ ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) disclosures and improve the transparency and data quality of large enterprises. Our long term goal is to accelerate transparency on how companies interact with people and the planet.
Companies are getting put under a magnifying glass on everything from environmental impact, employee health and cyber security to their supply chain. This means that ESG performance has a big impact on how a company is perceived by investors, their cost of capital and ability to operate within newly formed regulation.
We are a closely knit team of 5 talented developers, ESG specialists and business specialists. We are looking to grow and increase our development capacity, in order to better serve our fast growing number of customers.
About the role
Your primary role will be to work alongside the engineering team and UX designer on full stack platform features, and you can choose to focus on either Python backends or Typescript frontend based on your experience and skillset.
You will be exposed to all aspects of product development, and be involved from idea to launch. It is essential that you like the idea of working with an early stage start-up and / or fully executing on technical projects.
Minimum required skills
- 1+ years of experience with backend coding
- Knowledge of bash, Docker, git, project management tools.
Nice to have additional skills
- Experience with Python coding
- Experience working with AWS
Our business has a huge potential positive impact on people and the planet as we aim to make some of the world’s most pressing issues more transparent. With this in mind, every member of our current team has a personal passion for ESG and / or underlying ESG topics specifically.
We believe it is essential that we are aligned on values and care deeply about the issues that ESG topics pose. If you feel passionate about everything from environmental issues to workforce issues to data privacy and global supply chains, we would love to speak with you.
Soft skills we are looking for
- Experience working in early stage startups and a desire to work in a start-up environment / help shape a growing team and culture.
- Interest in working in a company with a positive mission. Our vision is to show the world how companies interact with people and the planet.
- Highly analytical and curious. You are joining early and we want you to help us learn how to build the right product.
- You love to learn new things, expect to have a steep learning curve hearing about all aspects of a new business.
Location We are looking for people UK based, preferably London. We work in a hybrid remote / in office model where you will be expected to come into our office in Shoreditch on occasion.
If you think you are a strong candidate and passionate about the role but miss some of the key skills, don’t hesitate to apply.