UX Design / Product Lead @ Environmental / Social Impact Startup (Techstars W21)
Nossa Data is a VC-backed startup building a tool to accelerate companies’ ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) disclosures and improve the transparency and data quality of large enterprises. Our long term goal is to accelerate transparency on how companies interact with people and the planet.
Companies are getting put under a magnifying glass on everything from environmental impact, employee health and cyber security to their supply chain. This means that ESG performance has a big impact on how a company is perceived by investors, their cost of capital and ability to operate within newly formed regulation.
We are a closely knit team of 5 talented developers, ESG specialists and business specialists. We are looking to grow and increase our development capacity, in order to better serve our fast growing number of customers.
About the role
Your primary role will be in designing a B2B dashboard that is very intuitive and easy to use. For this you will also be involved in product management, user research, developing mockups and prototypes, and laying the groundwork for our design system.
You will be exposed to all aspects of product development, and be involved from idea to launch. It is essential that you like the idea of working with an early stage start-up and / or fully executing on technical projects.
- Laying groundwork and project managing our design system
- Conducting user research and managing feedback
- Developing and presenting quick mockups
- Generating interactive prototypes
- Planning design milestones and deliverables
- Maintaining and expanding the design system
- Creating a component library that fits with our established interface
- Liaising with Product Team and Business Team on current and upcoming features
- Working closely with engineers on UI implementation
- Attending some external meetings with build clients and key stakeholders to receive their feedback
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience building B2B dashboards
- Experience building design systems from scratch
- Problem-solver especially when considering trade-offs between usability and design aesthetics
- Can work both collaboratively with Product Team as well as independently
- Knowledge in ergonomics and psychology to deepen support your recommendations and designs
- Product management
- Content marketing designs
Our business has a huge potential positive impact on people and the planet as we aim to make some of the world’s most pressing issues more transparent. With this in mind, every member of our current team has a personal passion for ESG and / or underlying ESG topics specifically.
We believe it is essential that we are aligned on values and care deeply about the issues that ESG topics pose. If you feel passionate about everything from environmental issues to workforce issues to data privacy and global supply chains, we would love to speak with you.
Soft skills we are looking for
- Experience working in early stage startups and a desire to work in a start-up environment / help shape a growing team and culture.
- Interest in working in a company with a positive mission. Our vision is to show the world how companies interact with people and the planet.
- Highly analytical and curious. You are joining early and we want you to help us learn how to build the right product.
- You love to learn new things, expect to have a steep learning curve hearing about all aspects of a new business.
Location We are looking for people UK based, preferably London. We work in a hybrid remote / in office model where you will be expected to come into our office in Shoreditch on occasion.
If you think you are a strong candidate and passionate about the role but miss some of the key skills, don’t hesitate to apply.