Machine Learning Engineer
Machine Learning Engineer
Designing, training and deploying novel machine learning models
Noteworthy AI, a Techstars portfolio company, provides AI-powered asset inspection and inventory analysis solutions for energy distribution grid operators. The company's cloud-based software and computer vision solution, Inspect, reduces the need for dedicated distribution asset inspections and mitigates risk at-scale while reducing cost. The Inspect hardware sensors and AI edge processing arrays mount on existing fleet vehicles and automatically geolocate, inventory, and identify pole-top component defects while vehicles perform routine operations, reducing the need to mobilize dedicated inspection teams. Inspect improves on legacy processes by implementing a cutting edge AI-based solution that helps utilities increase efficiency and reduce cost through automation.
Simply put, we mitigate the risks associated with extreme weather and crumbling infrastructure - helping to keep the electric grid energized!
We’ve gained significant market traction, validation and support from customers like FirstEnergy Corp and Alabama Power, investors like Techstars and partners like Nvidia - so we are looking for great people to come and join our growing team! 🚀
You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to be an integral part of a fast-growing startup that is playing a critical role in helping to keep the electric grid energized and resilient against climate-related events.
You are an expert at designing, iterating and improving computer vision models, leveraging your mastery of Python.
You are seeking the opportunity to truly impact the company's success while building and delivering solutions that help not only our customers, but all users of the electric grid.
Bonus points if you also have:
- An ability to adapt, solve problems and quickly learn new skills
- An ability to identify trade-offs between various technical challenges and business requirements
- Creativity, the ability to wear multiple hats and to collaborate with a growing, diverse team
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Follow ML engineering and computer vision literature and best practices to develop state of the art algorithms for electric grid assets image and video understanding capabilities deployed at the edge and cloud.
- Design, develop, and maintain model training, evaluation, and monitoring; Data annotation and dataset management infrastructure.
- Adopt a test-driven approach to develop a high-quality codebase and perform code reviews with other engineers to accept merge requests.
- Adopt an agile approach with quick iterations and adaptable solutions to meet evolving customer outcomes.
- Interact with a small multidisciplinary team of ML engineers, Robotics engineers, software platform developers, technical product managers, project managers, and SMEs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Direct experience in deep learning computer vision model development for a product
- Strong familiarity with frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow, OpenCV
- Excellent skills in object-oriented programming in Python
- Industry experience in computer vision algorithms and implementation of deep learning models for object and defect detection, tracking, segmentation, and classification
- Experience with deep learning architectures such as CNN/GAN/Unet with a focus on computer vision tasks
- Experience with 3D reconstruction, multiple view geometry, depth estimation
- Experience with data-centric workflows
- Experience with synthetic data generation
- Experience with embedded deep learning on Nvidia Jetson, and ROS/ROS2
- Experience with AWS Sagemaker and ML Ops
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Opportunity to make an impact with AI in the increasingly important energy sector
- Professional development and leadership opportunities
- Flexible work hours in a hybrid setting
In alignment with our core beliefs, Noteworthy AI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.