What we do
We are building a fast-growing financing platform that helps companies manage their cash flow. In recent years we have become one of the preferred alternative financing solutions for SMEs in Spain. We are very motivated by our clients’ stories of how we helped them keep their businesses running. We now also serve larger corporations, and are expanding our operations internationally. Never has there been a more important time to do this work, or a better time to join us.
What you’ll do
As a fully remote software engineer based in the UK, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining our core platform, from ideation to deployment and beyond. You will be surrounded by peers who are passionate about technology and are always happy to share this passion with the rest of the team and company.
Our platform allows flexible cash flow management through the financing of invoices. We provide a web application for customers and our internal team, with advanced accounting, payment, risk management, fraud detection, and CRM functionality.
You’ll spend your time working on new products and features, upgrading or refactoring existing ones, and collaborating with the operations and sales teams to find better customer-facing and internal solutions.
You’ll be asked to pitch in at any point in our stack, and we’ll help you get comfortable wherever you need it.
We’re a growing team, and you’ll have the opportunity to help shape engineering as we and the company scale.
NoviCap is powered by a Ruby on Rails monolith on AWS. Our API is RESTful, data is stored in PostgreSQL, and the frontend uses React. We are a data-intensive business, so there are many integrations with third-party services and financial institutions. We have a relentless drive for clean, secure and well-tested code, which shows during code reviews. As soon as a change is approved it gets deployed automatically through our zero-downtime CI/CD pipeline.
What you’ll bring
- Production expertise. We need strong experience of, and thoughtful opinions on, the end-to-end delivery business value in a production environment.
- Technical ability. A strong command of at least one software language, and a curiosity to apply your knowledge in new business and technical domains.
- Good communication. You’ll be working in an English-speaking environment with international colleagues. You need a good command of English and the ability to gather information and give feedback in writing, face-to-face and remotely with people across the organisation.
- Problem solving skills. Our work often requires implementing unconventional solutions and sometimes you should be able to find non-engineering ways around a problem.
- Impact-driven mentality. You have a product mindset and understand how your work impacts customers and coworkers.
- The ability to get things done. You actively consider the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection.
What we offer
- A full-time, fully remote position (based in the UK).
- You’ll join us for our quarterly Engineering kick-offs in-person, and our annual company-wide events, subject to health and travel restrictions. These will be in Barcelona or the UK.
- Take the opportunity to become one of the core developers of a fast-growing, profitable fintech company which has found product-market fit.
- Be part of our dynamic, international working environment, with a flat hierarchy and open communication between teams.
- Earn a competitive salary with equity options, and bonuses based on each engineer’s personal goals.
- Grow your career with opportunities to push yourself, and a development budget.
- Communicate better with colleagues by joining free English or Spanish classes if you need them.