Collections & Servicing Specialist
We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to FinTech platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the FinTech world, and we’re excited to lead the small business FinTech revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic and capable people who want to see their work drive better outcomes for small businesses — the backbone of our economy. You will join our team and work on the building blocks of everything Novo ships.
- Novo is a rapidly growing series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team that’s passionate about helping every small business in America
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- We work with very new technologies and architecture patterns
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Able to work from the office 3+ days per week
- Offices in NYC, Miami, Delaware, India, and Colombia
About the Role:
Pivotal to NOVO’s success is the appointment of an exceptional Collections and Servicing Specialist who is passionate about our customers and helping NOVO to be the best it can.
You will be responsible for working with Novo Funding customers who have fallen behind on their MCA repayments by negotiating payment terms and best solutions for financial well-being. We genuinely care and help our customers, who may be in financial hardship, with reasonable plans to help them get back to financial wellness.
- Manage early arrears (lagging customers) portfolio end to end
- Work in the Collections and Recovery environment and will handle routine outbound or inbound calls at any stage of delinquency, up to and including Pre-Charge off and the Recovery area.
- Call/email customers who are behind on payments and help bring them up to date by creating realistic payment plans
- Make suitable payment arrangements with customers as per our credit policy
- Follow up on broken payment arrangements and renegotiating new arrangements
- Keep up to date records of each customer contact and track severity of delinquency
- Educate delinquent customers to prevent future arrears
Requirements for the Role:
- Previous experience in a collections/servicing team - preferably in the SMB credit industry
- Has greater depth of understanding of collections and recovery organization, policies, procedures and systems, and negotiates more complex payment programs or arrangements with minimal guidance while staying within our compliance guidelines within Collections.
- Demonstrated success in new-age collections strategies that emphasize collecting outstanding amounts with customer empathy
- Experience in executing a collections plan with an ability to create repayment plans
- A passion for putting the customer first and wanting to assist with their financial situations using your communication and problem-solving skills
- A strong analytical mind-set and ability to create new solutions and strategies using data as your guide
- Display team leadership, be an individual goal achiever but also understand, contribute to and be an advocate of the overall team goal, be adaptable to change, lead peers by example, be dependable, etc.
- Experience working in a customer support and service team
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Customer service focus
- Ability to understand and discuss personal and financial difficulties
- Ability to recommend and negotiate payment arrangements
How We Define Success:
- Ownership and accountability for a winning credit underwriting strategy
- Continuous improvements to model and methodologies
- Team player; does their part without the ego
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience at a hyper-growth startup or fast-paced company
Novo values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.