Director of Engineering
We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to FinTech platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the FinTech world, and we’re excited to lead the small business FinTech revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic and capable people who want to see their work drive better outcomes for small businesses — the backbone of our economy. You will join our team and work on the building blocks of everything Novo ships.
- Novo is a rapidly growing series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team that’s passionate about helping every small business in America
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- We work with very new technologies and architecture patterns
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Able to work from the office 3+ days per week
- Offices in NYC, Miami, Delaware, India, and Colombia
Small businesses are the backbone of the US economy, comprising almost half of the GDP and the private workforce. Yet, big banks don’t provide the access, assistance and modern tools that owners need to successfully grow their business.
We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to banking platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the banking world, and we’re excited to lead the small business banking revolution.
At Novo, we’re here to help entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups and SMBs achieve their financial goals by empowering them with an operating system that makes business banking as easy as iOS. We developed modern bank accounts and tools to help to save time and increase cash flow. Our unique product integrations enable easy access to tracking payments, transferring money internationally, managing business transactions and more. We’ve made a big impact in a short amount of time, helping thousands of organizations access powerfully simple business banking.
- Collaboratively Empowered
- Maverick Mindset
- Tenaciously Flexible
- Relentless Underdogs
- Customer Centricity
We are looking for a Director of Engineering Operations, India who understands how to facilitate the strategic technical vision through thoughtful initiatives. If you're passionate about building a strong engineering culture while scaling a company technology organization through various stages of growth then we want to chat. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
About the Role:
- Work closely with our director of engineering & group engineering managers to support and further the development of engineering operations. i.e
- Onboarding Experience
- Knowledge & Skill Management
- Engineering Opex (tooling, standards, documentation, etc)
- Apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of technology strategy, software development lifecycle, and partner continuously with stakeholders to stay focused on common technology and company goals.
- Collaborate with the Product and Design teams to set expectations, allocate resources and prioritize initiatives.
- Partner with Novo’s People team to attract, hire and retain top talent, scaling the India engineering team.
- Develop Engineering Managers and Leads to execute technology projects in a reliable and timely fashion with strong communication to stakeholders.
Requirements for the Role:
- 9+ years of engineering experience, ideally starting as an individual contributor, then transitioning to senior management roles.
- Excellent manager of managers with the ability to mentor and develop engineering leads and managers.
- Proven ability to successfully develop and execute against an ambitious vision in partnership with leadership and other functions across the company.
- Strong technologist with the expertise to make high impact decisions about the long term viability/scalability of technical solutions.
- Demonstrable experience recruiting, scaling and managing an engineering team during hyper-growth periods.
- Outstanding communicator and collaborator with the ability to provide clarity, structure and insight to partners and team members, while understanding whom to involve, when, and how.
- Experience fostering a culture of innovation, accountability and promoting engineering best practices.
- Empathetic team member who has made mistakes (even public ones) and can speak openly and humbly about what happened and how the problem was solved.
Nice To Have, but Not Required:
- Experience in financial services/technology or other highly regulated industry.
Novo values diversity as a core tenant of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.
Novo values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.