We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to FinTech platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the FinTech world, and we’re excited to lead the small business FinTech revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic and capable people who want to see their work drive better outcomes for small businesses — the backbone of our economy. You will join our team and work on the building blocks of everything Novo ships.
- Novo is a rapidly growing series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team that’s passionate about helping every small business in America
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- We work with very new technologies and architecture patterns
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Able to work from the office 3+ days per week
- Offices in NYC, Miami, Delaware, India, and Colombia
We are looking for a InfoSec Engineer .You will play a critical role in identifying security threats in the organisation's infrastructure. You will be included in a dynamic and collaborative environment, where innovation and continuous learning are encouraged. You will have the opportunity to work alongside highly skilled engineers, engaging in information sharing and mentorship, which will further improve your professional growth and development. By demonstrating the latest tools, techniques, and methodologies, you can explore the depths of our networks, systems, and applications, meticulously seeking out malicious activities. Your expertise in threat hunting will enable us to stay one step ahead of cyber-criminals, safeguarding our organisation's critical assets and ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of our information systems.. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
About the Role:
- Strategic Compliance Planning: The Lead InfoSec Compliance develops and implements the organization's information security compliance strategy. This involves understanding the business goals and aligning the compliance activities accordingly.
- Regulatory Compliance: They ensure that the organization is in compliance with all applicable information security laws, regulations, and industry standards. This includes laws such as GDPR, CCPA, and USDP, as well as standards like PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, and NIST.
- Policy and Procedure Development: They oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of information security policies, procedures, and controls. They make sure that these align with compliance requirements and the organization's risk tolerance.
- Compliance Audits and Assessments: The Lead InfoSec Compliance manages both internal and external audits and assessments of the organization's information security practices. They also address and rectify any compliance issues identified during these audits.
Requirements for the Role:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Certifications like Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) are highly desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in IT security, compliance, or a related field.
- Understanding of information security principles and best practices
- Knowledge of security standards and regulations such as ISO 27001, NIST, GDPR, CCPA, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, SOX, etc.
- Experience in performing security audits, risk assessments, and in implementing security controls.
- Proficient in using compliance management tools and software.
How We Define Success:
- Reduced turnaround time for help desk queries.
- Timely completion of projects.
Nice To Have, but Not Required:
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Red Hat, Microsoft, ad Google certifications.
- Well versed with compliance requirements.
Novo values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.