We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to FinTech platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the FinTech world, and we’re excited to lead the small business FinTech revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic and capable people who want to see their work drive better outcomes for small businesses — the backbone of our economy. You will join our team and work on the building blocks of everything Novo ships.
- Novo is a rapidly growing series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team that’s passionate about helping every small business in America
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- We work with very new technologies and architecture patterns
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Able to work from the office 3+ days per week
- Offices in NYC, Miami, Delaware, India, and Colombia
Small businesses are the backbone of the US economy, comprising almost half of the GDP and the private workforce. Yet, big banks don’t provide the access, assistance and modern tools that owners need to successfully grow their business.
We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to banking platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the banking world, and we’re excited to lead the small business banking revolution.
At Novo, we’re here to help entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups and SMBs achieve their financial goals by empowering them with an operating system that makes business banking as easy as iOS. We developed modern bank accounts and tools to help to save time and increase cash flow. Our unique product integrations enable easy access to tracking payments, transferring money internationally, managing business transactions and more. We’ve made a big impact in a short amount of time, helping thousands of organizations access powerfully simple business banking.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who understands how to slice and dice, analyze, and interpret data. If you're passionate about modern data tools, business intelligence, and solving complex business problems with thoughtful analytical data solutions then we want to chat. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
About the Team:
The Data Analytics team at Novo partners with business teams across functional areas such as Product, Finance, Customer Success, Credit, and Marketing to identify mission critical business problems and provide data-based solutions and insights. These could vary from real-time dashboards for better monitoring to strategic analytical projects for better strategy & decisioning, depending on the complexity of the business problem and the recommended solution.
About the Role:
- Provide best practices and direction for data analytics across multiple projects and work with stakeholders to identify problems and provide solutions
- Be a proficient Individual contributor
- Run analysis and generate insights for stakeholders
- Provide answers/insights in the form of datasets, metrics, dashboards, and powerpoint decks
- Interpret and present findings to business stakeholders
- Multi-task between multiple projects/tasks on a daily/weekly basis
Requirements for the Role:
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum 3+ years tech/startup experience
- Experience with modern day data stack (like snowflake, fivetran, dbt)
How We Define Success:
- Expand access to data driven decision making across the organization
- Solve problems in risk, marketing, growth, customer behavior through analytics models that increase efficacy
- Effectively communicating and collaborating cross-departmentally with all business stakeholders
- Daily/Weekly delivery of key metrics, datasets, and queries to business stakeholders
Nice To Have, but Not Required:
- Exposure to big data tools like Spark, and some core tech knowledge around API’s, data streaming etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics
Novo values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.