We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to FinTech platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the FinTech world, and we’re excited to lead the small business FinTech revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic and capable people who want to see their work drive better outcomes for small businesses — the backbone of our economy. You will join our team and work on the building blocks of everything Novo ships.
- Novo is a rapidly growing series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team that’s passionate about helping every small business in America
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- We work with very new technologies and architecture patterns
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Able to work from the office 3+ days per week
- Offices in NYC, Miami, Delaware, India, and Colombia
Small businesses are the backbone of the US economy, comprising almost half of the GDP and the private workforce. Yet, big banks don’t provide the access, assistance and modern tools that owners need to successfully grow their business.
We are looking for a Data Scientist(SDE-I) who is enthusiastic about using data and technology to solve complex business problems. If you're passionate about leading and helping to architect and develop thoughtful data solutions, then we want to chat. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
About the Role:
● Build and manage predictive models focussed on credit risk, fraud, conversions, churn, consumer behaviour etc
● Provides best practices, direction for data analytics and business decision making across multiple projects and functional areas
● Implements performance optimizations and best practices for scalable data models, pipelines and modelling
● Resolve blockers and help the team stay productive
● Take part in building the team and iterating on hiring processes
Requirements for the Role:
● 2+ years of experience in data science roles focussed on managing data processes, modelling and dashboarding
● Strong experience in python, SQL and in-depth understanding of modelling techniques
● Experience working with Pandas, scikit learn, visualization libraries like plotly, bokeh etc.
● Deep Knowledge of Python to write scripts to manipulate data and generate automated reports
How We Define Success:
● Expand access to data driven decision making across the organization
● Solve problems in risk, marketing, growth, customer behaviour through analytics models that increase efficacy
Nice To Have, but Not Mandatory:
● Experience in dashboarding libraries like Python Dash and exposure to CI/CD
● Exposure to big data tools like Spark, and some core tech knowledge around API’s, data streaming etc.
Novo values diversity as a core tenant of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.
Novo values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.