OjaExpress Community Ambassador
OjaExpress is a venture-backed startup providing a platform to facilitate same-day ethnic grocery delivery. We give our customers a wide-ranging yet reasonably priced, white-glove grocery experience, helping immigrants and cultural communities find and shop for their cultural groceries, wherever they live.
Our team strives to improve the lives of our retail partners and customers by strengthening our communities and keeping small businesses alive. Whatever your background, know that you can bring your full self to work here.
Our mission is twofold:
- Give people easier access to cultural groceries and international food
- Support the grocers who provide indispensable resources for many cultural and ethnic communities.
At OjaExpress, we would be nothing without our grocery store partners. We’re seeking Community Ambassadors to help us find and connect with ethnic grocery stores, so we can help them sell products that their customers have grown to rely on, online. The Ambassador will be responsible for connecting members of the local ethnic grocery community with the services offered by OjaExpress. The Community Ambassador will build strong and endearing relationships with grocery store owners, have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at generating leads, and closing deals. The ideal candidate will be a relationship builder, understand multicultural sales, be a quick learner with strong negotiating skills, and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. It’s essential that our ambassador be personable and professional.
This is an opportunity to join a venture-backed seed-stage startup on the ground floor. We are looking for hustlers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work creating the best ethnic grocery delivery service in the USA.
We are currently looking for a Community Ambassador to join and help lead our growth efforts. This team will meet with and engage international grocery stores, distributors, and CPG manufacturers, using both outbound engagement methods.
What you’ll do
- Work with both the Marketing and Sales teams to identify and research target clients for OjaExpress
- Use prospecting tools to contact targets and introduce the OjaExpress value proposition, and then qualify the stores you generate through this outreach and effectively re-direct objections
- Visit a targeted list of stores, and engage with store owners and key decision-makers
- Work closely with your Manager and Account Executive to support your calling efforts, by leveraging campaign leads, campaign messaging, and cold call lists to improve your productivity and conversion rate
- Cultivate new leads within your sales territory
- Qualify leads that come through outbound activities including calling, emailing, in-mailing, and direct mail
- Support the sales process by leveraging CRM to track leads and opportunities, as well as other tools as needed
- Develop and document best practices and processes/checklists
- Provide leadership and direction regarding sales efforts, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Actively engage store owners, by educating them on ways to enhance their service offerings, in a consultative manner
What We’re Looking For
Our ideal candidates are:
- Entrepreneurial - You know how to move at the pace of an early-stage startup. Perhaps you’ve started your own business or worked for a startup in the past.
- Ownership - Own the result of your role, and provide continuous recommendations for improvement
- Creative - Experiment with new and creative prospecting strategies
- Hustlers - You’re willing to work hard and work smart, ultimately doing what it takes to be successful in this position.
- Communicators - You are both a persuasive speaker and a great listener. You know how to ask good questions. You care about other people and seek to understand them to better serve them.
- Honest - You exude trustworthiness because it’s who you are at your core. You see sales as an opportunity to teach, inform, and serve, never to take advantage of others.
- Grit- IQ + EQ + Persistence: Work harder, smarter, and Don’t Quit!
Bonus Points if you:
- Have experience working in the grocery industry
- Enjoy shopping at international grocery stores
- Speak multiple languages (please tell us in your resume if you do)
- Experience mapping out complex organizations marketing and sales organizations
- Understand the value of following a disciplined sales process including proper tracking
- Looking to take initiative and help build new processes, try new approaches, and be appreciated for incremental improvements to drive success
Compensation will be salary + commission