Lead Software Engineer
Ome is a fast-growing consumer electronics company reinventing the way we cook at home. Our mission is to preserve and enhance the spirit of our homes by leveraging smart technology to bring efficiency to the kitchen. Our flagship product is the first retro-fit smart device that can turn any stove into a smart appliance in minutes. Our Smart Knob allows homeowners to monitor and control their stoves from anywhere, anytime using both our proprietary app and voice assistant integration. Through our ecosystem, we aim to build experiences that fundamentally reimagine the way we cook, consume content, and spend our time in the kitchen. If you are passionate about cooking, smart home tech and want to design, build, and deploy products on a global scale, we want to hear from you! Check us out at www.omekitchen.com.
Ome has an immediate, full-time opportunity for an AWS Developer who can help us transform the way businesses and users interact with their cooking appliances. We’re looking for an experienced, highly motivated software engineer to design, implement, test, and support our AWS cloud infrastructure. Our close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, rapid product iteration, and collaboration at both team and multi-functional levels.
- Design, build and optimize software to run highly scalable cloud-based IoT services to connect millions of devices to our AWS hosted ecosystem
- Solve complex architecture and technical problems for cloud-based IoT services. Work to resolve architectural deficiencies and remove bottlenecks to improve software
- Define the software team’s technical strategy to deliver new features
- Lead projects to improve engineering, test, and operational excellence best practices on team
- Automate deployment and monitoring of our platform to track down performance issues before our customers get affected
- Mentor and develop junior engineers
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum education level of Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field of studies
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- AWS Solution Architect or Developer certification
- Programming experience with NodeJs and Java
- Database experience with PostgreSQL and NoSQL
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud-based SaaS technology solutions delivery including REST API design and websockets
- Ability to write clear, reliable, testable, maintainable, quality code
- Proven ability to mentor other software developers and to improve development best practice
- Excellent understanding of resource and design requirements for highly scalable cloud-based systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of system performance and operational readiness monitoring