Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Ome is a fast-growing consumer electronics company reinventing the way we cook. Our mission is to preserve and enhance the spirit of our homes by leveraging smart technology to bring efficiency to the kitchen. Our flagship product is the first retro-fit smart device that can turn any stove into a smart appliance in minutes. Our gadget allows homeowners to monitor and control their stoves from anywhere, anytime using both our proprietary app and voice assistant integration. Through our ecosystem, we aim to build experiences that fundamentally reimagine the way we cook, consume content, and spend our time in the kitchen. If you are passionate about cooking, smart home tech and want to design, build, and deploy products on a global scale, we want to hear from you! Check us out at www.omekitchen.com.
Ome has an immediate, full-time opportunity for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to help us transform the way businesses and users interact with their cooking appliances. We’re looking for an experienced, highly motivated embedded engineer to design, implement, test, and support firmware controlling embedded processors in wireless networks. Our close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, rapid product iteration, and collaboration at both team and multi-functional levels.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will:
- Work with current firmware, mobile, and backend engineers to refine current features, establish requirements, generate architecture proposals, implement functionality, and lead design reviews
- Write embedded software to support the addition of new products and services
- Develop and execute testing and validation processes and, where applicable, proactively develop, implement, and improve procedures/processes.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong embedded firmware fundamentals required
- 5+ years of embedded firmware experience in C
- 2+ years of experience with battery-powered IoT devices utilizing wireless WiFi communication. AWS IoT experience is preferred but not essential.
- In-depth knowledge of network communication protocols especially MQTT and HTTPS.
- Working knowledge of basic internet security techniques (TLS, client certificates, etc.)
- Unit and end-to-end testing experience
- Extensive experience developing real-time systems, drivers, and hardware interfaces.
- Experience in making complex systems functional; ability to diagnose the system to identify if hardware or firmware issues are causing problems.
- Experience managing a fleet of IoT devices via over-the-air updates
- Effective leadership, organization, and project management skills
- Proven ability and willingness to take ownership of a project and to get the job done with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to track and resolve issues
- Ability to work cooperatively with other developers, hardware engineers, and testers in the development of the system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.