Elder Care Coach
OneVillage is a dynamic new employee benefit that provides online coaching and support services to individuals seeking help with complex health conditions like cancer, mental health issues and substance use disorders, as well as every day topics like finding a new provider or getting an insurance claim approved. We provide a personal wellness concierge to help individuals find providers and schedule appointments, dedicated medical and insurance navigators, and coaches who have lived experience in or deep understanding of similar struggles in specialized topics like maternal health, mental health, or gender affirming care. Our goal is to make high-quality coaching and support accessible to anyone, anywhere, and to help individuals achieve better health outcomes and a better quality of life.
We are seeking a dedicated and empathetic Elder Care Coach to join our team. This vital role involves assisting OneVillage members in managing and understanding the intricacies of finding, selecting, and implementing care for older family members. The ideal candidate will be a guide, a confidant, and a knowledgeable resource in this emotional journey.
- Provide one-on-one coaching to members, helping them navigate the emotional aspects of transitioning parents or loved ones into eldercare facilities.
- Offer guidance on essential questions to ask care providers and facilities, ensuring clarity and confidence in decision-making, assist in the selection and decision making process.
- Collaborate with our financial coach to develop feasible plans for financing eldercare, including exploring insurance and payment options.
- Educate members on various aspects of eldercare, including legal, health, and lifestyle considerations.
- Stay informed about the latest developments in eldercare practices and share this knowledge with team members and clients.
- Mandatory certification from the National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching (NBHWC).
- Professional designations such as Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), Home Health Aide (HHA), Geriatric Nurse Practitioner (GNP), or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) are highly desirable.
- Proven experience in coaching, counseling, or other advisory role.
- Personal experience navigating elder care for a friend or family member, or a role in the senior care ecosystem.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to empathize and connect with individuals facing challenging situations.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development in the field of eldercare.
This is an incredible opportunity to directly impact the lives of members struggling to make sense of care for aging family members through our employee benefit offering. We are excited about the chance to share your expertise with people in need, so if the role sounds like it is a fit with your background, we hope that you will apply!