Billing Team Manager (Remote, US)
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well-backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video (https://vimeo.com/267654520) from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
With rapid growth comes an influx of revenue! Openly is seeking an experienced, person-centered and culture-driven Billing Team Manager to join our operations team. The ideal candidate is highly skilled in managing a team responsible for financial and premium billing and demonstrates a strategic vision. This role requires a process-minded, self-motivated, curious, and high-energy individual who can efficiently thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment. This role will report to the Senior Director of Shared Services and oversee a small team of billing team members.
- Effectively supervises team members to achieve timely, accurate, and quality outcomes of multiple billing and collection activities
- Coordinates daily departmental operations, ensuring organizational quality and compliance standards are met
- Trains and develops team members to ensure expertise and knowledge is well rounded across the team
- Approves write-off requests and premium refunds to our policyholders
- Improve service standards and recommend improvements to workflows and billing system enhancements that will forward achievement of department objectives
- Serves as the subject matter expert with the Product Management and Engineering Team to strategically plan billing system features
- Identifies, provides rationale, and benefits of process improvements
- Partners with Manager to review vendor contract terms and aptitude for contract renegotiations
- Assists in the monitoring and managing the departmental operating budget
- Serves as liaison to other internal and external departments to ensure efficient operations
- Help support different teams including Agent Experience, Finance, Accounting and Business Development Teams
- Ensure cooperative team environment by:
- Effectively communicating with team members about department and company initiatives
- Adjusting procedures as necessary to create process efficiencies
- Encouraging constructive feedback from staff and between team members
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3+ years within the P&C insurance industry required
- 3+ years of relevant billing experience
- 2+ years of team management experience
- 2+ years of stakeholder project management experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with process improvement design and implementation
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Listens actively
- Drives innovation
- Ability to act with discretion, tact, and professionalism in all situations
- Builds collaborative relationships internally to ensure company and objectives and initiatives are top of mind#LI-HK1
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere in the US” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and currently residing in the US will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.
Something looks off?