Corporate IT Operations Engineer I - Jira (Remote, US)
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well-backed & stable. We closed our $100M Series D fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures, Advance Venture Partners, Eden Global Partners, and Clocktower Technology Ventures.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
As an IT SaaS Administrator - Jira, you will play a crucial role in the administration, management, and optimization of our SaaS applications ecosystem. Your primary focus will be ensuring seamless integration, efficient utilization, and secure operations of all our SaaS applications and technology stack with special focus on the Jira administration for the whole organization.
- Administer and manage our SaaS stack, including user management, security configurations, application settings, and integrations.
- Administer and manage Jira instances, including user management, workflow configurations, and integration with other tools.
- Collaborate with IT Leadership to define and implement best practices, standards, and policies for Jira usage within the organization.
- Configure Jira projects, custom fields, permissions and workflows to align with business requirements.
- Provide Jira training and support to end-users.
- Ensure data integrity and security within Jira instances.
- Ensure the smooth operation and availability of our productivity applications, proactively monitoring performance, troubleshooting issues, and resolving incidents.
- Participate in the daily IT support rotation to address and resolve end-user issues, providing timely and effective support.
- Configure user access, permissions and security.
- Collaborate in the design and implement integrations, workflows and automations to streamline processes, improve efficiency, and enhance user experience within our technology stack
- Develops comprehensive documentation for SaaS administration processes, procedures, and guidelines as well as mentoring more junior IT team members.
- Collaborate with IT Leadership and stakeholders in SaaS-related projects, defining project scope, managing resources, and ensuring successful implementation and delivery.
- Leverage project management methodologies to execute and monitor SaaS-related projects, adhering to timelines and quality standards.
Our core tech-stack
- Google Workspace
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related experience. Relevant certifications in JIRA, JAMF, OKTA, Google Workspace, project management, and coding/scripting.
- 3-5 years of experience as an IT professional, 1-3 years of which as JIRA Administrator
- Proven experience administering various SaaS applications as part of a technology stack (OKTA, Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, JIRA, Notion)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proactive mindset, continuously seeking opportunities for process improvement, automation, and optimization within the SaaS environment.
Compensation & Benefits:
The target salary range represents the budgeted salary range for this position. Actual compensation for this position will be determined based on the successful candidate's experience and skills. We are committed to providing a compensation package that not only reflects the responsibilities and requirements of the role, but also the unique expertise that the chosen candidate will bring to our team.
The full salary range shows the min to max salary range for this position. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and determined based on various factors including the candidate's qualifications, skills, and experience.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-First Culture - We supported #remotelife long before it was a given. We'll keep promoting it.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan Offerings
- Life and disability coverage including voluntary options
- Competitive PTO - 20 days and 11 paid holidays (including floating holidays) per year under the Company’s vacation and holiday policies.
- Parental Leave - 12 weeks paid for eligible employees
- 401K Company Contribution - Openly contributes 3% of the employee's gross income, even if the employee does not contribute.
- Work-from-home stipend - We provide a $1,500 allowance to spend on setting up your home workplace
- Annual Professional Development Fund: Each employee has $2,000 in professional development (PD) funds to spend on activities or resources annually. We want each Openly employee to achieve personal and professional success and to feel supported, confident, and informed about improving their efficiency and productivity.
- Be Well Program - Employees receive $50 per month to use towards your overall well-being
- Paid Volunteer Service Hours
- Referral Program and Reward
Depending on position, Employees generally are eligible for cash incentive compensation, including commissions for sales eligible roles. In all cases, eligibility for compensation and benefits is subject to applicable plan and policy terms in effect from time to time.
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and currently residing in the US will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.