Software Engineer - Python
Oper is the leading cloud-based digital mortgage software provider. Founded in 2018, Oper’s mission is to enable a world-class mortgage experience for borrowers and lenders.
Oper delivers a cutting-edge solution to lenders and mortgage intermediaries that works across multiple markets, enabling digital-first distribution and high-touch engagement with homebuyers with a seamless process from contact to contract. Today, we operate in 5 EU countries working for a dozen lenders and mortgage broker groups.
Our early traction has attracted top industry investors, including Bessemer Venture Partners, ABN Amro Ventures, Constructive Fund, Verve Ventures, and Pitchdrive, and earned us recognition with top fintech accelerators: Barclays Techstars, Plug and Play, and F10 Fintech Accelerator.
The Oper team operates throughout Europe, with over 21 nationalities and two main physical offices in Zürich and Brussels.
As a technology-driven company, we use a modern tech stack including Angular, NX, NgRx, RxJS, Python, Django, Celery, PostgreSQL, Redis, GitLab CI/CD, Terraform, Kubernetes and a range of cloud providers and tools. The whole team is focused on delivering world-class customer experience consistently on each deploy without sacrificing quality.
To support our rapid Pan-European growth we are looking for an experienced back end software engineer to join our engineering team in designing, building & delivering a wide range of features to our platform on each cycle.
- You will design a scaleable, performant & secure application architecture exposed through a REST API
- You will build a large scale multi-cloud web application leveraging the latest technologies backed by multiple micro services
- You will develop and integrate a wide range of functionalities levering existing platforms (Open Banking, Digital Signatures, OCR, predictive analytics,…)
- You will extend our automated testing and configuration suite
- You will support and share knowledge with your team members and shape our engineering culture
- You might indulge in some DevOps work from time to time :) Think Kubernetes, Terraform,...
What makes you a great fit
We are looking for a software engineer that is passionate about technology and just loves to build new things
- You have 5+ years total professional experience as a software engineer
- You have 3+ years web development experience in Python using Django or other frameworks
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- You have experience with packaging & deploying Python applications using DevOps tools
- You have experience designing and maintaining SQL and NoSQL data stores (PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, etc…)
Nice to haves
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics or similar field
- You have experience with Infrastructure-as-code (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation) and configuration management
- You have experience in cyber security projects
- You have experience in financial services
We are a young and fast-growing company with a strong ambition to change an old and slow-changing industry. To achieve this, we’re building a stellar team in which you will be challenged tremendously.
You will work with a high level of autonomy. On top of having the freedom to creatively make an impact, you’ll be surrounded by an open team that is motivated to support you along the way.
We like to laugh, play games & do sports together. In the Oper international team, you’ll be exposed to a close-knit diverse set of minds, you will have a chance to learn new things and share your knowledge, and meet amazing people and cultures.
There is a lot of room for career path development and a lot of opportunities to travel.
Our hybrid remote setup with offices in Brussels and Zürich provides us with the flexibility to get together when we want to while catering to every individual lifestyle by successfully working remotely. You can also use a WeWork co-working space if your hometown has one.
Our financial offer will be based on the 50th-75th percentile of the Stack Overflow salary calculator using the parameters of your profile and will include stock options and extralegal benefits based on the legal framework of your location.