Site Reliability Engineer
Oper is the leading cloud-based digital mortgage software provider. Founded in 2018, Oper’s mission is to enable a world-class mortgage experience for borrowers and lenders.
Oper delivers a cutting-edge solution to lenders and mortgage intermediaries that works across multiple markets, enabling digital-first distribution and high-touch engagement with homebuyers with a seamless process from contact to contract. Today, we operate in 5 EU countries working for a dozen lenders and mortgage broker groups.
Our early traction has attracted top industry investors, including Bessemer Venture Partners, ABN Amro Ventures, Constructive Fund, Verve Ventures, and Pitchdrive, and earned us recognition with top fintech accelerators: Barclays Techstars, Plug and Play, and F10 Fintech Accelerator.
The Oper team operates throughout Europe, with over 21 nationalities and two main physical offices in Zürich and Brussels.
As a technology-driven company, we use a modern tech stack including Angular, NX, NgRx, RxJS, Python, Django, Celery, PostgreSQL, Redis, GitLab CI/CD, Terraform, Kubernetes and a range of cloud providers and tools. The whole team is focused on delivering world-class customer experience consistently on each deploy without sacrificing quality.
To support our rapid Pan-European growth we are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our engineering team in tackling the following challenges:
- You'll work on building a production-ready monitoring and alerting system to tackle issues as soon as they occur; and maybe, who knows, also to prevent them from happening.
- You’ll work on defining processes to properly do Incident Response and Incident Analysis.
- You'll be part of a team in charge of making the deployment/release process as reliable as possible, with rollback procedures in case of outages.
- Challenge our thinking and take initiative where you see the need :)
What makes you a great fit
We are looking for a SRE that is passionate about technology and just loves to continuously improve processes/tools with the goal of having a stable, reliable and professional system in place.
- A bright engineering mind that is passionate about technology
- You have 3+ years of experience in SRE
- You have experience with Unix-based systems and with shell-scripting (Bash, Python, etc…)
- You have an understanding of Kubernetes and container-related problems (orchestration, monitoring, logging, networking, …)
- You have experience with Infrastructure-as-code (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation) and configuration management
- You are proactive in raising issues, debugging errors with other team members, seeking additional work and take initiative with modern tools
- You have great oral and written communication skills in English
Nice to haves
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics or similar field
- You have experience in cyber security projects
- You have experience in financial services
- You have an understanding of the complexity and the assumptions that a multi-instance SaaS setup (one instance per customer) brings.
We are a young and fast-growing company with a strong ambition to change an old and slow-changing industry. To achieve this, we’re building a stellar team in which you will be challenged tremendously.
You will work with a high level of autonomy. On top of having the freedom to creatively make an impact, you’ll be surrounded by an open team that is motivated to support you along the way.
We like to laugh, play games & do sports together. In the Oper international team, you’ll be exposed to a close-knit diverse set of minds, you will have a chance to learn new things and share your knowledge, and meet amazing people and cultures.
There is a lot of room for career path development and a lot of opportunities to travel.
Our hybrid remote setup with offices in Brussels and Zürich provides us with the flexibility to get together when we want to while catering to every individual lifestyle by successfully working remotely. You can also use a WeWork co-working space if your hometown has one.
Our financial offer will be based on the 50th-75th percentile of the Stack Overflow salary calculator using the parameters of your profile and will include stock options and extralegal benefits based on the legal framework of your location.